Game Day AFLW Non North Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

AnEmptyChair

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It says a lot that we were at about 60% today and we kept a good side to a single goal.

Despite the win, I thought Georgia Patrikios was BOG by a country ******* mile. She single-handedly carried that Saints midfield and just about kept them in it for three quarters.

For us, Garner and Riddell lifted in the second half, but I'd give the voted to Bruton and Kearney who I thought were good throughout, while I also thought Bateman had some good moments. King was very well held.

One thing that goes under the radar is just how good our backline is. I particularly like Jas Grierson who's a very good kick as well as a solid defender, but Randall and Hardiman are also good tall defenders, while Gilroy is a very good halfback and Wright handy.

Hearts to hearts

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
It was scrappy but the pressure was high and in the end the class and fitness and hard work of our girls, especially the midfield and backline, was too much. A really even team and it’s hard to beat them all.

Dan

Well you know...
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
Made to work for that one.

Garner just an ok'ish game by her standards but probably the best player on the ground.

Riddel, Bruton were really good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
It says a lot that we were at about 60% today and we kept a good side to a single goal.

Despite the win, I thought Georgia Patrikios was BOG by a country ******* mile. She single-handedly carried that Saints midfield and just about kept them in it for three quarters.

For us, Garner and Riddell lifted in the second half, but I'd give the voted to Bruton and Kearney who I thought were good throughout, while I also thought Bateman had some good moments. King was very well held.

One thing that goes under the radar is just how good our backline is. I particularly like Jas Grierson who's a very good kick as well as a solid defender, but Randall and Hardiman are also good tall defenders, while Gilroy is a very good halfback and Wright handy.
I was sitting outside Arden Street waiting for my lift home. The whole Georgia Patrikios extended family were there waiting for her. It was great when she came out. Major hugs and kisses and family photos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need to have 1 of King/Saad/KGJ coming out of the square as the long bomb kick to option

too often it was bannister playing deepest who whilst strong doesn’t have the marking power

don’t mind abba playing as the deep forward either over bannister

Istanbul Roo

All Australian
Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching on TV from Sydney, I thought we were a bit poor today. Didn't see much teamwork or ball movement.

Kearney consistently good, Riddell and Bruton as well. Abbotangelo gets into good positions and plays in front but seems frustratingly slow.

On this game the Bulldogs looked better than us. And Freo still the team to beat pretty clearly, with their speed and skill.

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
Watching on TV from Sydney, I thought we were a bit poor today. Didn't see much teamwork or ball movement.

Kearney consistently good, Riddell and Bruton as well. Abbotangelo gets into good positions and plays in front but seems frustratingly slow.

On this game the Bulldogs looked better than us. And Freo still the team to beat pretty clearly, with their speed and skill.
If the Bulldogs are better than us, we won’t make the top 6. Freo, Brisbane and Adelaide are the teams we have to fear - since we might have to travel. I’d be very disappointed if we don’t have the measure of all the Melbourne teams. That said, it’s all down to how we shoot for goal on any given day. If we shoot straight, nobody will beat us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Egga

Cancelled
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Saints beat the Bulldogs last week.

Egga

Cancelled
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North
Collingwood
Adelaide
Brisbane
Freo

...the top 5 are all looking very competitive. Makes for an interesting season.

Remove this Banner Ad