Game Day AFLW Non North Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

As poorly as we played, we still kept them to one goal for the game and scoreless in the second half.

Percentage is still over 500 as well. 563.16 to be exact.
220 odd percentage points lost, shattered.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It says a lot that we were at about 60% today and we kept a good side to a single goal.

Despite the win, I thought Georgia Patrikios was BOG by a country ******* mile. She single-handedly carried that Saints midfield and just about kept them in it for three quarters.

For us, Garner and Riddell lifted in the second half, but I'd give the voted to Bruton and Kearney who I thought were good throughout, while I also thought Bateman had some good moments. King was very well held.

One thing that goes under the radar is just how good our backline is. I particularly like Jas Grierson who's a very good kick as well as a solid defender, but Randall and Hardiman are also good tall defenders, while Gilroy is a very good halfback and Wright handy.

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ground them down. Our midfield was too deep in the end. Back six is fantastic to have conceded just two goals in two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says a lot that we were at about 60% today and we kept a good side to a single goal.

Despite the win, I thought Georgia Patrikios was BOG by a country ******* mile. She single-handedly carried that Saints midfield and just about kept them in it for three quarters.

For us, Garner and Riddell lifted in the second half, but I'd give the voted to Bruton and Kearney who I thought were good throughout, while I also thought Bateman had some good moments. King was very well held.

One thing that goes under the radar is just how good our backline is. I particularly like Jas Grierson who's a very good kick as well as a solid defender, but Randall and Hardiman are also good tall defenders, while Gilroy is a very good halfback and Wright handy.

I was sitting outside Arden Street waiting for my lift home. The whole Georgia Patrikios extended family were there waiting for her. It was great when she came out. Major hugs and kisses and family photos.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 7, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watching on TV from Sydney, I thought we were a bit poor today. Didn't see much teamwork or ball movement.

Kearney consistently good, Riddell and Bruton as well. Abbotangelo gets into good positions and plays in front but seems frustratingly slow.

On this game the Bulldogs looked better than us. And Freo still the team to beat pretty clearly, with their speed and skill.

Watching on TV from Sydney, I thought we were a bit poor today. Didn't see much teamwork or ball movement.

Kearney consistently good, Riddell and Bruton as well. Abbotangelo gets into good positions and plays in front but seems frustratingly slow.

On this game the Bulldogs looked better than us. And Freo still the team to beat pretty clearly, with their speed and skill.

If the Bulldogs are better than us, we won’t make the top 6. Freo, Brisbane and Adelaide are the teams we have to fear - since we might have to travel. I’d be very disappointed if we don’t have the measure of all the Melbourne teams. That said, it’s all down to how we shoot for goal on any given day. If we shoot straight, nobody will beat us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Saints beat the Bulldogs last week.

Egga

Cancelled
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North
Collingwood
Adelaide
Brisbane
Freo

...the top 5 are all looking very competitive. Makes for an interesting season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back