Game Day AFLW Non North Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The real takeaway is that a "Big 4" player can get suspended if their indiscretion is against another "Big 4" player.

If only Trent Cotchin had hipped a Collingwood player in that prelim.

Good day out at Vic Park yesterday. Pies completely dismantled Melbourne - that running and passing game that we saw against Melbourne was barely able to sputter into life. That’s two contenders in a row that Collingwood has made look pretty shabby, as well as knocking off a full strength Carlton with ease. I know they still have to pass the Freo and Crows (and I guess Lions) tests when borders allow, but they could not look more impressive right now.

Good day out at Vic Park yesterday. Pies completely dismantled Melbourne - that running and passing game that we saw against Melbourne was barely able to sputter into life. That’s two contenders in a row that Collingwood has made look pretty shabby, as well as knocking off a full strength Carlton with ease. I know they still have to pass the Freo and Crows (and I guess Lions) tests when borders allow, but they could not look more impressive right now.

I like your 2nd sentence a lot.

However the idea of Collingwood with Gowans in tow helping the AFL realise the Collingwood dream they attempted to engineer in the 2020 finals format sits uneasy.

I like your 2nd sentence a lot.

However the idea of Collingwood with Gowans in tow helping the AFL realise the Collingwood dream they attempted to engineer in the 2020 finals format sits uneasy.
I was sitting on the fence and called out “Scotty, we miss you!” as he walked past - obviously my partner had to chip in telling him what a good move he made, and he was laughing.

I guess I see the game more from the women‘s footy side, respect a lot of their players and coaches, and kind of prefer that Gowans chose a job where he knew people (including Chiocchi from Diamond Creek days) rather than say going to Richmond. Had a beer after the game with friends from Darebin Falcons, one of whom is in the Pies VFLW coaching panel. It doesn’t feel like an AFL stage managed production on the ground.

I was sitting on the fence and called out “Scotty, we miss you!” as he walked past - obviously my partner had to chip in telling him what a good move he made, and he was laughing.

I guess I see the game more from the women‘s footy side, respect a lot of their players and coaches, and kind of prefer that Gowans chose a job where he knew people (including Chiocchi from Diamond Creek days) rather than say going to Richmond. Had a beer after the game with friends from Darebin Falcons, one of whom is in the Pies VFLW coaching panel. It doesn’t feel like an AFL stage managed production on the ground.

Haha I like you 2 doing the good cop, bad cop callouts to Scott.

I meant the AFL's bloated Covid finals series to makes sure Collingwood got a chance in 2020. I didn't think the AFL engineered Scott's move.

If you're right on his motivation then that does make it slightly more palatable than him going to Visy or Puma.

Haha I like you 2 doing the good cop, bad cop callouts to Scott.

I meant the AFL's bloated Covid finals series to makes sure Collingwood got a chance in 2020. I didn't think the AFL engineered Scott's move.

If you're right on his motivation then that does make it slightly more palatable than him going to Visy or Puma.

I would more just be bummed out that we missed our shot because of circumstances outside of our control (dumbarse conference system one year, COVID the next). Equally I must acknowledge that we nicked off with four of Collingwood's better players lol

Carlton weren't at full strength in R1 but, then again, Collingwood are still waiting on the return of their All-Australian defender who is yet to play this season.

In terms of a Coll v Frem match-up, the fixture rules (which state a team must play at least 2 and no more than 3 games against top 4 teams from last season) state that can't happen because the Pies have already played us, Melb and Carl. Fairly likely that Collingwood will play Adelaide though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draw for the last 3 rounds is remarkably fair and balanced - apart from Melbourne’s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Saints have the Giants, Pies and Eagles. The Pies are hard but they should win the other two. If they could somehow conjure a win in that one they’d be a sneaky chance to jump into the finals.

The Saints have the Giants, Pies and Eagles. The Pies are hard but they should win the other two. If they could somehow conjure a win in that one they’d be a sneaky chance to jump into the finals.

The old mathematical chance. Everything has to go right for them but with a poor percentage it’s a long shot.

I’d say we’d be looking at something like 100/1 odds in reality, Luke. However, Georgia Patrikios will be the best player in the competition very soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back