Game Day AFLW - PF Brisbane V Collingwood- Sat 10th April - 4.10 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane-vs-Coll.png
Where: Gabba
Watch: Kayo, Channel Seven and the AFLW App

Well here we go again, win this and we are in the Grand Final.

Brisbane have had the week off, whilst we played in the heat but I think the team is up for this given we only lost by 3 points.

Whatever happens, we have certainly achieved a bit this year given key injuries to our forward and backline but others have stepped up.

2021-04-09_175305.jpg
We have made one change with Lin being omitted but I can see the reasoning as Brisbane are a strong big bodied team and maybe Lin's size and I think she occasionally makes mistakes by trying to do too much. Or just maybe the selection committee wanted to strengthen our defence.

Should be a close game so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

We have made one change with Lin being omitted but I can see the reasoning as Brisbane are a strong big bodied team and maybe Lin's size and I think she occasionally makes mistakes by trying to do too much. Or just maybe the selection committee wanted to strengthen our defence.

Should be a close game so fingers crossed.

Yeah agree with that.

Casey was always coming back if she recovered from her concussion so someone had to be omitted and I must admit was surprised to see Lin's name but looking at the list based on form and experience she was sadly the obvious one.

I'm actually very excited and confident. It was such a gutsy win in extreme heat last week we just grew so much.

Yes, but also very physically draining, while Brisbane had the week off. And then there's the travel. I hope, as you imply, that we got more out of it than just the win.

Yep, but also feel for Lin she’s been great this year.
Tough call to drop her, but it looks somewhat structural with the extra tall in Smith preferred. Likely a choice between Lin and Stratton on the small who went out; seemingly we went with the experience of Stratton over the x-factor of Lin.

Feeling a wee bit anxious right now, doesn't help that I have the worst cold ever and will also miss tonight's game.

So with the heater on and and a hot lemon and honey drink, will warm up with the other game. Not sure who I want to win but really can't see Melbourne beating Adelaide. They are very good.

Come on girls, cheer me up this arvo and the boys win tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back