AFLW pioneers in the AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sooooo, apparently rules have been changed which open up the possibility of AFLW pioneers making their way into the AFL Hall of Fame. Thoughts???

Who cares? They have that many meaningless awards these days

Soon the esports team will be introduced to the hall of fame

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sooooo, apparently rules have been changed which open up the possibility of AFLW pioneers making their way into the AFL Hall of Fame. Thoughts???

It’s not the AFL Hall of Fame, it’s the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

No reason female players could not be eligible in the future, but not sure I’d be wanting to fast track anyone in ahead of schedule.

I don't really care if they want to delegitimize their hall of fame. I have my own opinion of what the hall of fame should be. Their hall of fame is mainly just overrated old people from before the war era's.

As they should be. However I would expect this to take quite a few years to kick in. Hopefully the AFL doesn't jump the gun and start selecting current players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see this as a big joke.
Much like the free entry, free ground rental, free TV coverage all absorbed by the men's game.
And a 72% pay rise for a 7 week tournament ?

Teenage male footballers & clubs are dropping off like flies, but that doesnt matter. The AFL know what they are doing.

It actually had to happen. It's the national Hall of fame 'umbrella'. The various states have their own hall of games, even country leagues can have their hall of fames.

The hall of fame is for those having an impact at national level, or for the promotion of the most deserving state level hall of fame winners.

I would imagine there are female hall of fames at state or league levels. These would now be subordinate to the national hof.

It's hard to argue that the explosion of women's football, and the development of the AFLW are not significant national developments in football, and I suspect those responsible for it will end up in the hof in the medium term. Current female hof members who are judged worthy may also be elevated (if there are any).

Doubt any current footballers will make it for a while though.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back