Rumour AFLW player refuses to wear pride jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Christians like Hitler, the pope, and every American President? Fair bit of killing done by that group - shouldn't their bible study taught them not too?

Maybe we need to see if they can insert a couple of lines into these religious books about not conning people out of money, raping children and invading other countries, because I'm sure that will fix it.
Maybe a little note around Genesis 19: 1–38…

Where would it all end?
English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Turkish, Lebanese, African?
It is my opinion that they should drop these themed rounds and just get on with playing football

Nah, give every round a theme.
Then when we run out, or rather fill up all the rounds, we can double up and call them "bridge building" rounds.

I.e, Round 1= LGBTQIABX + Fundamentalist Islamist round, where players are made to come out in rainbow coloured Burquas in place of Tracksuits.

God knows the game has become kinda batshit boring, so at least add a splash of color to the spectacle to lend it some talking points or detract from the bastardised version of what once was a great sport.

Most of them are common sense rules that would have been enacted by ancient people groups in the absence of Abrahamic religions.

Ethics certainly preceded religion. If anything, religion leads to bad moral takes. Predominantly atheistic societies typically have higher education and lower crime rates.

And you consider yourself evolved?

Ethics certainly didn't proceed religion.
People where living in fear of the elements and making sacrifice to the heavens waaaày before the concept of universal ethos came about.

Your definition of "Religion" is lacking.
So it seems does your understanding of how we arrive at the "Abrahamic" sects.

Be honest, you haven't really looked into any of this at all have you?
Shooting from the hip yeah?

And you consider yourself evolved?

Ethics certainly didn't proceed religion.
People where living in fear of the elements and making sacrifice to the heavens waaaày before the concept of universal ethos came about.

Your definition of "Religion" is lacking.
So it seems does your understanding of how we arrive at the "Abrahamic" sects.

Be honest, you haven't really looked into any of this at all have you?
Shooting from the hip yeah?
The discussion was centered around Christianity and Islam, so I chose to use Abrahamic religion as a basis for discussion.

Yes, shooting from the hip, but it's not complicated. We're social animals and rules like 'do not kill' and 'do not steal' are common sense starter ethics for group cohesion in early human history.

Religion adds absolutely nothing to the mix in terms of ethics. It never did. It's a tool, a method of operant conditioning, much like Santa Claus.

Atheism is the absence of belief in deities. That's all. Nobody commits atrocities purely because they don't believe in gods any more than they do because they dont believe in Santa Claus.

Stalin and Mao led totalitarian governments. The cause is political, not lack of religious belief.
Do you realise primates attack other tribes? Atrocities against other primates came before language.

The discussion was centered around Christianity and Islam, so I chose to use Abrahamic religion as a basis for discussion.

Yes, shooting from the hip, but it's not complicated. We're social animals and rules like 'do not kill' and 'do not steal' are common sense starter ethics for group cohesion in early human history.

Religion adds absolutely nothing to the mix in terms of ethics. It never did. It's a tool, a method of operant conditioning, much like Santa Claus.

Before I respond to that, can you give me a few examples of what you deem to be Atheistic societies throughout history. Because I missed that bit before?

Actually mate. I'm sorry. Don't take it as a white flag, but I'm gonna bow out now. I've done this to death, as I'm sure you have too. We both know nothing good comes of it and I don't want to s**t in yet another thread by taking it off topic.

Before I respond to that, can you give me a few examples of what you deem to be Atheistic societies throughout history. Because I missed that bit before?
Did I mention history? I'm discussing today, and you can look at Nordic nations and Japan for starters.

Did I mention history? I'm discussing today, and you can look at Nordic nations and Japan for starters.

Cmon mate. None of those are Atheistic societies. Their traditions and national ethos are deeply steeped in religion. I'm not talking 5 minute buzz concepts.

Anyway, refer to my last response.

Cmon mate. None of those are Atheistic societies. Their traditions and national ethos are deeply steeped in religion. I'm not talking 5 minute buzz concepts.

Anyway, refer to my last response.
Can't help yourself, mate? ;)

I view current stats as the main determining factor of whether a society is predominantly atheistic. In Sweden, religion exists in museums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help yourself, mate? ;)

I view current stats as the main determining factor of whether a society is predominantly atheistic. In Sweden, religion exists in museums.

Yeah I'm a glutton for punishment ;)

That's it. It's been fun. I'm out lol.

Edit: But seeing as you mentioned statistics*( Lucifers Algebra) no..no.. I'm taking my prayer beads and running.

I don't see how that's relevant to any point I've made in this thread. Why did you bring that up?
Primates can be pricks and regardless of non religious and religious beliefs.

Your assessment that non belief systems are not violent.

We are all still primates and can be pricks.

Religious can be an excuse to hide real animalistic tendencies for violence.

Religion isn’t the problem it’s our primate nature.

Absolutely. Nature as a whole is a prick.

Take away humanistic belief systems and all we have is survival of the fittest( which isn't exactly a cordial system).

Even with belief systems in place, and our insistence on denial, this is the fundamental instinct we ALL still act upon when push comes to shove.

I think you misunderstood my point. There is no "non belief system". Atheism isn't a belief, ideology, or political system.

Does your unbelief in anal probing aliens cause you to commit atrocities, murder, rape, or do anything? Atheists are the same. We're not motivated to do anything through our unbelief in deities.

I partially agree with that. Our animalistic nature is part of it, while religion can be a motivator in itself. We've seen people fly passenger plans into buildings this century for their faith and god.

When was the last time you saw atheists start a war with agnostics over their disagreements?

I think you misunderstood my point. There is no "non belief system". Atheism isn't a belief, ideology, or political system.

Does your unbelief in anal probing aliens cause you to commit atrocities, murder, rape, or do anything? Atheists are the same. We're not motivated to do anything through our unbelief in deities.

I partially agree with that. Our animalistic nature is part of it, while religion can be a motivator in itself. We've seen people fly passenger plans into buildings this century for their faith and god.

When was the last time you saw atheists start a war with agnostics over their disagreements?
Everybody has a worldview.

All of us work out of a set of assumptions.

Atheism in a belief in no God(S).

That non belief affects how you see the world.

Everybody has a worldview.

All of us work out of a set of assumptions.

Atheism in a belief in no God(S).

That non belief affects how you see the world.
Unbelief isn't a belief. That's false equivalence.

This discussion is a diversion. I'll depart for a bit to let the thread go back on track.

After all her religion has done for her, she has chosen to repay her faith (and exercise her constitutional right). Bigot this, DH that, pleasing god comes before pleasing man. People here have chosen to ridicule her and religion rather than respectful disagree.

After all her religion has done for her, she has chosen to repay her faith (and exercise her constitutional right). Bigot this, DH that, pleasing god comes before pleasing man. People here have chosen to ridicule her and religion rather than respectful disagree.
Nothing to respect about hiding behind religion.

This is a football forum and the least that can be said about Haneen Zreika is she's a s**t teammate.

Meanwhile Richmond pulled off a record comeback tonight. Might not have happened without Emelia Yassir, who was influential in key moments.

Respect? She doesn't deserve any respect, nor does anyone that discriminates against people because of who they're attracted to. She chose religion, people can't help who they're attracted to. She can GAGF, along with her archaic views.

Respect? She doesn't deserve any respect, nor does anyone that discriminates against people because of who they're attracted to. She chose religion, people can't help who they're attracted to. She can GAGF, along with her archaic views.

You got any evidence that she’s discriminated against someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back