AFLW Practice Matches 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you say of McEvoy or Harrington saw more midfield minutes?

McEvoy. She only moved forward in the 4th I think, and had an impact there. McEvoy has shown flashes in the two practice outings, but i'd caution against expectations of her being this years Prespakis (not that anyone has suggested that) only because Prespakis is such a rare talent, and the way in which she took to the level like a duck to water was frankly amazing. Lucy may take longer but that's ok, and she'll be a very solid contributor while she develops. Again, this is just first-look stuff. She played behind the ball against the Saints, and in the guts and up forward vs North; so maybe the coaches are still figuring her out a little.

On a related note, seeing McEvoy, Prespakis and Egan together for a few centre-bounces showed that our midfield has entered a new (hopefully long-term) chapter. Fair amount of young talent to work with there! Exciting to think how good they could be after a couple of seasons together.

p.s. I meant Wilson not Edwards in my earlier post about talls in the backline.

McEvoy. She only moved forward in the 4th I think, and had an impact there. McEvoy has shown flashes in the two practice outings, but i'd caution against expectations of her being this years Prespakis (not that anyone has suggested that) only because Prespakis is such a rare talent, and the way in which she took to the level like a duck to water was frankly amazing. Lucy may take longer but that's ok, and she'll be a very solid contributor while she develops. Again, this is just first-look stuff. She played behind the ball against the Saints, and in the guts and up forward vs North; so maybe the coaches are still figuring her out a little.

On a related note, seeing McEvoy, Prespakis and Egan together for a few centre-bounces showed that our midfield has entered a new (hopefully long-term) chapter. Fair amount of young talent to work with there! Exciting to think how good they could be after a couple of seasons together.

p.s. I meant Wilson not Edwards in my earlier post about talls in the backline.
Do you feel there's been enough shown by both to suggest that Harrington will move to midfield and McEvoy will take up a role in defence to start off?

Do you feel there's been enough shown by both to suggest that Harrington will move to midfield and McEvoy will take up a role in defence to start off?

Sorry, I have no idea what they’ll do. With Nic Stevens in the forward line, I think Harrington, might be the leader the backline needs, but that’s a guess. McEvoy can apparently play just about anywhere, i’d perhaps like to see her as a mid/fwd with Moody being used more in the backline - but mate i’m just musing here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back