Women's Footy AFLW R.6 Crows vs Demons TIO Stadium Darwin Saturday 11/03/17 6.40PM SA Time

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of work here for our girls. Odd that they kick and hoped most of the game but not when it mattered.

Frustrating for sure but hopefully they can learn from it.

The biggest thing that bugged me was Goddards comment at 3 quarter time. She said there was nothing she could do in the box and it was all up to them....or similar. I thought hmmmmm

Need less players running onto an uncontested ball with the "Clear out more capable players, booting the ball off the ground is the only option.... actually I'm going to stop and pick it up... oh look I've fumbled and the defenders are here" attitude

Melb deserved that. They look like a football team with runners and commitment. Season poor effort by the Crows with spilled marks, hand passing to feet, most players in static defensive positioning, no runners, lousy foot passing or blind kicking. But good tackling. :(

A bit of work here for our girls. Odd that they kick and hoped most of the game but not when it mattered.

The biggest thing that bugged me was Goddards comment at 3 quarter time. She said there was nothing she could do in the box and it was all up to them....or similar. I thought hmmmmm

I hear she has the 'flu, so is probably not on all cylinders - so I'm cutting her a bit of slack.

Abysmal skills by our girls, ordinary coaching AGAIN, when your 2+ goals down with 5 minutes on the clock you don't have your best and most effective player playing deep in defence, Randall should have been on the ball....she's one of the few players that has good skills, line breaking ability, hard tackler, great pace and a real playmaker.

The inability to hit 10 or 15m passes killed us, as did the ability to mark said passes when we did hit them.

2 points was flattering, we were ******* awful after quarter time. Fumbling, dropped marks, missing easy targets and being wasteful up forward despite having it there for a good portion of the 3rd quarter. We'll make it if we beat Collingwood but the Crows capitulation-when-it-matters virus seems to be infecting the women too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was saying it was an attitude. Only the players can decide if they are going to go in harder. And she's essentially right.

She was saying it was an attitude. Only the players can decide if they are going to go in harder. And she's essentially right.
Your best player Chelsea Randall essentially playing deep in defence for greater parts of the game makes no sense to me, with her run, hardness at the contest and easily the best skill set in the side she needs to be played on ball where she can have the most impact.

Your best player Chelsea Randall essentially playing deep in defence for greater parts of the game makes no sense to me, with her run, hardness at the contest and easily the best skill set in the side she needs to be played on ball where she can have the most impact.

Playing our best player in defence is a negative tactic, and negative tactics rarely work

I've said this during every game, except this one that I didn't get to watch.

Collingwood goes into next week's game with three wins on the trot, whereas Crows go in with two consecutive losses. Crows really need to pull out everything if they want to beat Collingwood and make it to the GF.
I thought Randall was only playing deep in defence because we were struggling down back. I mean, she's our best player. She can't be everywhere. I do prefer her in the middle as she has the best disposal and can kick far.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-12/aflw-r6-what-we-learned
It all comes down to this
The premiership race is down to three teams with only one round remaining in the inaugural AFL Women’s season. The undefeated Brisbane Lions have cemented their place in the AFLW Grand Final and will host either the Crows or Demons in the decider. A significant percentage difference between the two sides means Melbourne must defeat Fremantle on Saturday afternoon at Casey Fields to have a realistic chance of qualifying for the final. Adelaide will advance with a victory over Collingwood on Sunday at Olympic Park, even if the Demons win the day before, barring an extreme percentage turnaround. If both the Dees and Crows lose in Round Seven, Adelaide is certain to hold onto second spot courtesy of its superior percentage. It’s the business end of the AFL Women’s season, and the stakes have never been higher.

Daisy Pearce was in defence for large chunks also.

I didn't see it that way. You would think a coach at three quarter time would want to be there to help pump up the team and to offer advice on things to work on that quarter. To not be part of the huddle and basically say there is nothing that we can do in the box and it is all up to the girls.....not sure that is the right thing at that point in time.

Anyway, what is done is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back