Women's Footy AFLW R.7 Crows vs Pies Olympic Pk. Melb. 1pm Sunday 19/03/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow thanks for that picture and information. I have a hard to believing that it could be played at the Gabba then.

I think it seems as if the fairest option is the MCG.

Adelaide Oval would be great, but not fair at all.
The irony is that Adelaide had their Adele concert AFTER Brisbane.

Wow thanks for that picture and information. I have a hard to believing that it could be played at the Gabba then.

I think it seems as if the fairest option is the MCG.

Adelaide Oval would be great, but not fair at all.

I think Metricon is a fairer option than the MCG or Adelaide Oval

I think that at the start of the competition the AFL did not even contemplate the possibility that none of the Vic clubs would be in the GF. The plan was for the grand final to be in Melbourne in the afternoon leading into the mens games. They literally appear to have given zero thought to the possibility that a non vic club would earn the right to host the grand final. How can they spruik this as being a legit professional women's comp (which it is) and not have clear plans for where the grand final will be. Its a joke that less than a week before the game we don't know where it's going to be played. And as much as I'd love to go watch the game at Adelaide Oval - Brisbane deserve to have it in their home state. It will be a farce if its anywhere but Brisbane.
Having said that... the men's final is ALWAYS at the MCG regardless of who finished top.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/b5f9bd161f54b8c3674d1d806861041b

AFL’s failure to lock in venue and time before AFLW Grand Final week is beyond farcical
ANDREW HAMILTON, The Courier-Mail
7 minutes ago
Subscriber only
MONDAY’s pitch inspection at the Gabba was almost pointless.

The damage has already been done.

And I’m not talking about the surface, you’ll never convince me Kevin Mitchell can’t grow grass between now and November when I’ve managed to produce enough greenery for a lively deck through the cracks in the pavers on the front deck in the past few days.

If only the damage was confined to pitch five, Kev’s Ashes go-to strip.

Instead the AFL, the Queensland Government and Stadiums Queensland will all be hurt by this, the best they can hope to emerge from this looking is weak and disorganised.

The AFL men’s competition and the battling Lions and Suns’ Q Clash has also been caught in the crossfire of such a shocking scheduling mess-up.

But most of all, the damage has been done to the credibility of the new competition.

It is beyond farcical to enter a Grand Final week without a venue and time locked in.

Read more...

Caroline Wilson reporting that the game will be moved to Metricon as the gabba surface was deemed "unsafe" match being played at 2pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, a couple of observations:

There is no rhyme or reason why all the goal scoring was at the northern end. There really was no breeze. Perkins was kicking them quite comfortably from distance pre-game.
I thought Sarah Allen was very important yesterday. Maybe the best game I've seem from her.
Erin really does have a good line in head snaps. She's Wingard-esque at times.
Stevie-Lee Thompson had some very good moments.
Can anyone else claim to have been at our two winning preliminary finals and our winning de-facto prelim yesterday? I reckon I'm in a pretty elite club!

And lastly, but not least, Eb Marinoff is my favourite player from either of our current lists. She is a joy to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, a couple of observations:

There is no rhyme or reason why all the goal scoring was at the northern end. There really was no breeze. Perkins was kicking them quite comfortably from distance pre-game.
I thought Sarah Allen was very important yesterday. Maybe the best game I've seem from her.
Erin really does have a good line in head snaps. She's Wingard-esque at times.
Stevie-Lee Thompson had some very good moments.
Can anyone else claim to have been at our two winning preliminary finals and our winning de-facto prelim yesterday? I reckon I'm in a pretty elite club!

And lastly, but not least, Eb Marinoff is my favourite player from either of our current lists. She is a joy to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought there was a breeze to the northern end, certainly not south to north in nature but definitely across the ground favouring the northern end. Either way, I've certainly noticed favoured ends appears a thing in AFLW with or without a breeze.

I thought there was a breeze to the northern end, certainly not south to north in nature but definitely across the ground favouring the northern end. Either way, I've certainly noticed favoured ends appears a thing in AFLW with or without a breeze.

I did notice that the supporter flags were fluttering a little at the end of the game, but it didn't feel enough to influence the game. Certainly not enough to provide any cooling for the supporters!

You are right that whatever breeze there was was blowing was going more across the ground from the AAMI Park side of the ground to the social club side.

In the first half, it was 5 goals to 4 in favour of the northern end - the second half saw 8 to zero at that end. It was more an anomaly related to Collingwood dominating play in the 3rd term and the Crows dominating the last 14 minutes in the last term after Cameron missed than the wind having an impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back