Game Day AFLW R1 v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking out for her during the game but don’t recall seeing her bear the ball. What did she do this time?
Smashed Airlie Runnals in the head when she took that MOTY contender. Very late attempt at a spoil and knocked her down. Or maybe it wasn’t too bad and I just don’t like her.

Yep, I saw it on Kayo, and Hayley is lying on the ground, hands over face. I cannot believe Emma Swanson was not reported. She is indeed a 'grub'.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The whole game the Weagles we’re grubs and took a lot of cheap shots.

Anyway, our girls just applied legal, tough and non negotiable pressure.

Good luck to Wet Coast cheap shots.

Wet Toast will want to hone the fitness of a number of their players, or they're not going to trouble the statisticians at all this season...

Wet Toast will want to hone the fitness of a number of their players, or they're not going to trouble the statisticians at all this season...
And yet they got to within a goal of Fremantle in the third quarter. We will need to improve our disposal efficiency over the course of the season.
Hopefully the Eagles will upset a couple of teams so that our position on the ladder is improved.

And yet they got to within a goal of Fremantle in the third quarter. We will need to improve our disposal efficiency over the course of the season.
Hopefully the Eagles will upset a couple of teams so that our position on the ladder is improved.
Good point! They require strength and conditioning, we require honed disposal efficiency. Sadly, their plight is an easier fix!

The reality was the wind.

2 goals breeze.

Wet Coast needed to be up by a goal to have a chance.

The reality was the wind.

2 goals breeze.

Wet Coast needed to be up by a goal to have a chance.
16 inside 50’s to 0 in the last quarter suggests it was more than just the breeze. The difference in physical composition of the two sides was stark. WC had at least 5 players who looked suited to AFLW 1.0 and not the current game.

16 inside 50’s to 0 in the last quarter suggests it was more than just the breeze. The difference in physical composition of the two sides was stark. WC had at least 5 players who looked suited to AFLW 1.0 and not the current game.

I don’t care about West Coast: I’m just trying to get a handle on how well Freo will go this season.
if WC have improved markedly (and I think they have skills wise) then that makes our win more positive.
If WCs fitness is still a significant problem, then the game was more a gimme and won’t be replicated against fitter sides.

I'm glad we won but O'Driscoll and Houghton need to work on their composure with the ball in hand. that's not just based on the one game this year.

I loved how tuff McMahon was and thought Antonio and Bowers deserve to share the medal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smashed Airlie Runnals in the head when she took that MOTY contender. Very late attempt at a spoil and knocked her down. Or maybe it wasn’t too bad and I just don’t like her.
I saw that but didn’t realise it was her.. guess Kelly Gibson isn’t recognisable or memorable.

thought Antonio and Bowers deserve to share the medal
And yet the reason they ended up sharing the medal was because Nikki Harwood's votes had Swanson ahead of Antonio!

100%.

My point was that West Coast were never in at and we controlled the whole game.
I agree. One issue for those watching on tele was the WC focussed commentators placing no significance on the breeze. After Q1 they were talking up WC when all that was going on was territorial advantage from the wind - and Freo had scored a very important goal into the wind (courtesy of Kara). Then again at three quarter time - was completely farcical.

I agree. One issue for those watching on tele was the WC focussed commentators placing no significance on the breeze. After Q1 they were talking up WC when all that was going on was territorial advantage from the wind - and Freo had scored a very important goal into the wind (courtesy of Kara). Then again at three quarter time - was completely farcical.
What I heard was that commentators saying Fremantle had the wind behind their back, when in reality it was wce (1st quarter).

That's what you get when you have the channel 7 muppets broadcasting though.

What I heard was that commentators saying Fremantle had the wind behind their back, when in reality it was wce (1st quarter).

That's what you get when you have the channel 7 muppets broadcasting though.

They were calling the game off the TV stream from another state with just a boundary rider at the ground chipping in for injury reports and interviews at the breaks.

The commentary ends up sounding like a couple of annoying people next to you who have exactly the same information as you telling you out loud what you already can see with your own eyes.

They might be muppets as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back