Game Day AFLW R1 v WCE

Good turnout at Freo oval, hopefully it’s a cracker with Aine and McMahon having some awesome debuts.

can report that WCE’s song still hasn’t improved

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Have they torn down the old Freo clubrooms?

I was starting to think I was going crazy and this was being played at some eastern states ground that looked identical to Freo Oval.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Never mind, I see the old rooms now. The camera angle threw me off in the 1st qtr.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez we're so sloppy now. No exit strategy out of d50 and we switch the ball to a contest ( sometimes uneven contests not in our advantage)

Gone way backwards.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFLW is all about making the most of your limited chances and I was worried with Duffy taking a break we might struggle in that regard, but so far, so good.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Doesn't feel like we're playing all that well but we're still winning, and West Coast haven't scored since partway through the first.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Only took a quarter to get in to the ground. So I missed Ebony’s awesome first goal.
Another goal against the breeze in the third quarter would be nice.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can you give a running commentary please? Thousands in the queue outside.
Oops! Hopefully you are well and truly seated by now.

In essence, the breeze is a factor. We are clearing and tackling well. Ebonies first goal is Wow!

For the votes, Kiara deserves to get the chocolates twice for this game, it is chalk and cheese between her performance and the next best on field. (For the game so far) That is with some strong performances by others, she is in a class of her own.

Back