MVP AFLW R1. Vs Geelong @Pork Barrel Stadium.G

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Honestly the most difficult thing i’ve had to do all week.

3. Bruton. Might not have got the goals but she got the ball out when it was in a contest and won it back when we didn’t have it. Ran hard both ways too.
2. Gavalas. Ridiculously good game from a second year player. Absolute creme took full advantage of our dominance.
1. Emma King. People forget how good she is. Better kick for goal than most. Dominant in the ruck and able to win contested ball at will.

CunnyTarryn

Senior List
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3 Em King - set the tone early
2 Bruton - was clean when it was hot
1 Gilroy - rebounded everything
Then they all joined in - Riddell, Ashmore, Gavalas, Kearney, Garner, Bannister unlucky

3. Garner - Just a class above; she oozes it.
2. Emma King - Could have notched 5 in 1st.
3. Kearney - Why can’t we have one in AFL of the M variety.

I just noticed that BigFooty doesn’t display it when If you type AFL+M without the +. It’s Trump and Twitter all over again. 🤣

Lots of others, too many to mention here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Because the obvious ones are going to come out at the top of the votes anyway,

3. M King. Looks to have gone up a level, hits the contest with ferocity and confidence. The kick to Abba was *chef's kiss*
2. Daz Bannister. Real wildcard, Zurhaar type forward of the ball
1. T Randall. Part of winning by 62 is only giving up 1 goal and she's the captain of the backline

Kashmore could have got a vote simply for calmly slotting one from 35+ out on the run. Saad's game sense looks improved (against poor opposition, granted) and she gives Crocks the flexibility to deploy E.King for maximum effect as the game requires.

3. King
2. Garner
1. Kearney

Could throw a blanket over a dozen others deserved of votes though. Almost gave Bannister all 6 votes for her show of strength alone.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Coaches votes suggest Kashy not getting enough BF love.

10 Emma King (NMFC)
8 Ellie Gavalas (NMFC)
4 Kaitlyn Ashmore (NMFC)
3 Emma Kearney (NMFC)
3 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
1 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
1 Tahlia Randall (NMFC)

Coaches votes suggest Kashy not getting enough BF love.

10 Emma King (NMFC)
8 Ellie Gavalas (NMFC)
4 Kaitlyn Ashmore (NMFC)
3 Emma Kearney (NMFC)
3 Jasmine Garner (NMFC)
1 Jenna Bruton (NMFC)
1 Tahlia Randall (NMFC)
She must have got both coaches 2 votes which probably equates to honourable mentions. I thought she had a good game at the ground but it looked a heap better when I watched the replay.

Here are the votes for the first round of the AFLW.

Ellie "Super" Gavalas - 70 votes. Absolute gun.
E. King - 67 votes. She set the tone for the game with a match winning first quarter but followed up with strong ruckwork all day. Rucks like Goldy but scores as well.
Emma Kearney - 14 votes. Captain's game. During the first half and early in the third where the game was there to be won she seemed to win so many contests. Top game.
Jenna Bruton - 13 votes. I thought when she came over she was a mini Kearney and she plays a very similar game. Won the contests when the game was there to be won. (And for such a short player her defensive spoiling is top notch.)
Jazzy - 10 votes to round out the top 5. Made short work of the tagger and Geelong's defense.
Mia king - 6 votes. Hard at it and set up some great play, looks set for a big season.
Daria Bannister - 5 votes. Top game from Daria. Hard intense forward line pressure. Reminds me a little of Arch and she'd even make cartoon Daria show a little enthusiasm if they were playing on the same side. She looks set for a good year.
Kashy - 4 votes. That goal!!!
Talia Randall and Aileen Gilroy got a vote each.

So here are the final votes, and the leaderboard after round one:

Ellie Gavalas - 5.
Emma King - 4.
Emma Kearney - 3.
Jenna Bruton - 2.
Jasmine Garner - 1.

Back