Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
So looking at our remaining fixtures

I still think we beat Brisbane next week and would also beat Geelong and Eagles

north Melbourne and the dees matches are the ones that might be difficult but id still back the girls to fight hard and give it their best crack!

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Best players today: Surman, Stanton, Yorston, Preglj, Dunn, Hammond, Kaslar.

74-55 tackles tells the story for me - our pressure was amazing.
3-12 marks inside 50 is a little concerning - we don't really have a tall forward target but the pacy forward line always looks dangerous.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Best players today: Surman, Stanton, Yorston, Preglj, Dunn, Hammond, Kaslar.

74-55 tackles tells the story for me - our pressure was amazing.
3-12 marks inside 50 is a little concerning - we don't really have a tall forward target but the pacy forward line always looks dangerous.
Reckon Heslop should have made that list - she’s a tackling machine

very proud!

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
surman is a fantastic small forward, provided such a spark today. tough as guts as well, her and stanton. * katie brennan for goin at stanton's shoulder, dog act. hampson & yorston are tackling machines and gave 110%. aherns played so well in defence, she's probably up there with my fav player! all in all, great won and glad i was there to be apart of history!!

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
surman is a fantastic small forward, provided such a spark today. tough as guts as well, her and stanton. fu** katie brennan for goin at stanton's shoulder, dog act. hampson & yorston are tackling machines and gave 110%. aherns played so well in defence, she's probably up there with my fav player! all in all, great won and glad i was there to be apart of history!!

I’m glad you mentioned Ahrens. I thought she was great too.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Having a win on my birthday is a good reason to celebrate

So looking at our remaining fixtures

I still think we beat Brisbane next week and would also beat Geelong and Eagles

north Melbourne and the dees matches are the ones that might be difficult but id still back the girls to fight hard and give it their best crack!

Linton are you attending the nmfc game at Arden st?

SOLID crowd
Yeah I agree. Would have been minimal tigers fans, so 99% would have been suns; and its about the average for even games here in Vic. The saints/dogs one for their first home game got 8k, which is capacity. Even pies got about 7k at vic park.

It's a good turnout for aflw at this point.

and to put in perspective, only 8k less than the first ever tigers game v carlton. Two big clubs at ikon park, and they hyped that up a lot.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Yeah I agree. Would have been minimal tigers fans, so 99% would have been suns; and its about the average for even games here in Vic. The saints/dogs one for their first home game got 8k, which is capacity. Even pies got about 7k at vic park.

It's a good turnout for aflw at this point.
and to be honest, this is great! We are so used to hosting games when there are massive opposition crowds so tonight it really did feel like home for the girls.

Also, the minister opened up the Suns AFLW rooms tonight too

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One thing that pisses me off is even though this was GC first home game they got Dane Zorko to do the special comments and half time interviews for the AFLW game.

Why couldn't one of our guys been involved? Wittsy or Swallow or Brayden Fiorini would have been great. Get them some more national level exposure that they never receive.

Maybe they just had to choose someone at the same height as the girls haha.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
One thing that pisses me off is even though this was GC first home game they got Dane Zorko to do the special comments and half time interviews for the AFLW game.

Why couldn't one of our guys been involved? Wittsy or Swallow or Brayden Fiorini would have been great. Get them some more national level exposure that they never receive.

Maybe they just had to choose someone at the same height as the girls haha.
Think Zorko is angling for a commentating gig post-career

he’s terrible though -surman took the bloody mic off him haha

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

yeah I've heard him a few times on triple M.

The next Richard Champion? surely he knows that only Melbourne based players get Melbourne jobs.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Only 2102 in tassie for nmfc gaints
But... But... fOoTbAlL sTaTe

Saw that, Was fantastic. Didn't want to get too close to him.

Back