Game Day AFLW R4 - Freo v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Only got here at quarter time, so missed seeing any Freo goals. The team battled on that quarter and really should have stretched their lead. Instead it's only a goal the difference.

Crowd much smaller than last game but still about 5000 I would say.

Damn is this what all the footy has been like?
I watch a lot of amateurs this is the lowest level possible like E3 level. Hopefully the skills improve next year or the girls comp will be gonski

Ive been overseas so its my first aflw match ive watched...but isn't number 14 (african Australian girl) supposed to be our high flying talent. Shes done f all.

I really want this to work the girls deserve it.
Why? This is not commercial quality sport by any stretch of the imagination. I have seen far better standard colts games and they are lucky if they get a hundred people at their games, and certainly no television coverage. Do they deserve it any less?

This is purely and simply hype from the AFL and until the standard gets to the point where it's doesn't induce optical haemorrhage the spectator numbers will decline. Not disrespecting womens' sport at all, there is some womens' sport that is top class and well worth watching - this does not qualify in my books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL really missed a trick here, should of had a year of serious training. Going to be hard to get viewers back once there gone

Why? This is not commercial quality sport by any stretch of the imagination. I have seen far better standard colts games and they are lucky if they get a hundred people at their games, and certainly no television coverage. Do they deserve it any less?.

There's been a big increase in the number of girls signing up to play football because of this competition, so there's lots of reasons for it to be televised just there.

Why? This is not commercial quality sport by any stretch of the imagination. I have seen far better standard colts games and they are lucky if they get a hundred people at their games, and certainly no television coverage. Do they deserve it any less?

This is purely and simply hype from the AFL and until the standard gets to the point where it's doesn't induce optical haemorrhage the spectator numbers will decline. Not disrespecting womens' sport at all, there is some womens' sport that is top class and well worth watching - this does not qualify in my books.
It's a comp pushed by the AFL's corporate sponsors who expect the AFL to display a certain standard of gender equality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back