Game Day AFLW R4 - Freo v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The sad thing is the mob down the road are gloating - "should have given it to a team with a winning culture".

We had a chance to steal a march on them and we have squandered it.
Maybe the move to Cockburn is a distraction to the men and the women team . :)

Look that's it!!!! Not like i care if i sound like a chauvinist anyway cause im not...but this is terrible. First and last i watch.

The sad thing is the mob down the road are gloating - "should have given it to a team with a winning culture".

We had a chance to steal a march on them and we have squandered it.

The commentators said Chelsea Randall had a chance to play for Freo but being an Eagles supporter chose to go to Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? This is not commercial quality sport by any stretch of the imagination. I have seen far better standard colts games and they are lucky if they get a hundred people at their games, and certainly no television coverage. Do they deserve it any less?

This is purely and simply hype from the AFL and until the standard gets to the point where it's doesn't induce optical haemorrhage the spectator numbers will decline. Not disrespecting womens' sport at all, there is some womens' sport that is top class and well worth watching - this does not qualify in my books.
My daughter was working at a come and try day for girls last week. A few injured Dockers were there too. Two young girls say 5 and 7 were dressed in there little jumpers with the pink chevron. They were so excited when they saw the injured dockers girls at the clinic. The just a great time. When they were asked who their favourite player was they said the captain no 15. Girls need heroes too.

Ill watch poor footy (as long as they try) for reasons like this. Footy is a part of Australian life, our culture and excluding 50% of the population from being able to have is wrong.

They will get better.

Although our girls were woeful today. As soon as it gets tough they strughle. About half a dozen turned up. Outplayed and outcoached.

yep didn't lose but freo1997 thinks theres only one team here at the club- he/she should stick to the fresh fish n potatos n tomatos in the market gardens where he's from
The women lost the exhibition derby match last year, and everyone knows that the men's team finished 16th.

yep didn't lose but freo1997 thinks theres only one team here at the club- he/she should stick to the fresh fish n potatos n tomatos in the market gardens where he's from

Hang on i think u misunderstood me ..i thought we were talking about ammos. I said ive been in better skilled games against 'KWINANA'. Then you said we were undefeated. Thought you were implying that kwinana was undefeated. Back to my fresh tomatoes with the sumichs and jackovichs.

Why? This is not commercial quality sport by any stretch of the imagination. I have seen far better standard colts games and they are lucky if they get a hundred people at their games, and certainly no television coverage. Do they deserve it any less?

This is purely and simply hype from the AFL and until the standard gets to the point where it's doesn't induce optical haemorrhage the spectator numbers will decline. Not disrespecting womens' sport at all, there is some womens' sport that is top class and well worth watching - this does not qualify in my books.
Hear
Every chance to be bottom of the ladder after 4 rounds. Amazing given the money Freo threw into this.

We been seduced by the Michelle Cowan media circus. This list is one she and she alone has selected. I have asked on previous posts has she coach aside for more than a couple of exhibition games? yes she has been an assistant at Soufs under haselby(now he's an assistant under her!) also a fly in fly out assistant
at the Demons. Now one of her assistants(I don't know her personally) Martine Pearman has coach Coastal Titans for a number of years to I think two flags. Also she is WA Talent Academy coach and also Coach of under 23's. I think Rosich & co didn't do their due diligence.
Did the Dockers fuel the hype that being solely a WA side we would be a shoe in for the GF?

They should have push to get Fredrich-Taub as one of their Marque players - no presence up forward!! Also some very good players didn't nominate for WA draft nominated for eastern states drafts why was this?
Also after our first home game Cowan (RD 2) was very quick to deflect from a poor performance to the size of the crowd. I wonder if she was commenting about the size of the crowd today about 6k less than Rd 2.

Michelle , Claudine Ranieri took a 5000/1 chance to the top of the EPL in what is a once in a generation triumph in 2016/17. 9 months later he's GORN.

Last edited:
It all comes back to Team Recruiting Freo appears to have recruited a lot of athletes ex basketballers, netballers, javelin throwers etc I would have thought that a good footy player will beat a good athlete every time. Our skills are well behind most the other Teams and Adelaide made us look pathetic. A credit our girls that they did not stop trying.

Hang on i think u misunderstood me ..i thought we were talking about ammos. I said ive been in better skilled games against 'KWINANA'. Then you said we were undefeated. Thought you were implying that kwinana was undefeated. Back to my fresh tomatoes with the sumichs and jackovichs.

sounds like you know more about veggies than local footy:D
All clubs have good and not so good teams

these first games are exactly how my sons team first started out- as a whole disposals poor, players not knowing teammates kicking distances and unfortunately takes time as you'd know. Some teams just gel quicker than others

Last edited:
Wow you play or have played C4 and you are criticising the women. C4 is a nice way of saying f grade.

I'd rather watch the women's games.
C4 league is a couple of gigantic steps up from the womens comp, i recommended you watch some local footy before you pass judgement on what is more exciting to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back