AFLW AFLW R4 vs NM-Tas Kangaroos @Arden St 4:10pm 29 Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

if you taught lauren defensive positioning & spoiling as well we all owe you a beer or two, she's a top player!

nooooo. I will only take A tiny minuscule little bit of credit for maybe three things.
1-introducing her to playing contact sports
2-tackling
3-the importance of a custodian who repels attack

positioning/spoiling/kicking/hand passing/poise goes to other latter influences.

Last edited:

Players can do that? Even though she's on an AFLW list? Doesn't happen in VIC, probably since the vflw doesn't start til April/May.
Yes they can. The SANFLW runs at the same times as AFLW, so the Crows players not playing, play for their local club.

Their was an interview last year, where the commentators discussed this, and why Adelaide were so strong, because all their girls were match fit and ready to step in to the senior team if called up.

Yesterday I just moved around each quarter to whatever end the girls were kicking. Last quarter I sat myself down just behind the Suns bench. I overheard a conversation with the Suns runner and he was saying how the girls loved the ground as it was smaller however if you lose momentum it can quickly turn your way down the other end for a goal. Surprised though the girls went straight into the rooms, I was hoping to meet some of them seeing I can’t get to Casey due to the clash between the two matches on that day (men’s in Geelong and girls in Casey plus I have my birthday party that night)

Yesterday I just moved around each quarter to whatever end the girls were kicking. Last quarter I sat myself down just behind the Suns bench. I overheard a conversation with the Suns runner and he was saying how the girls loved the ground as it was smaller however if you lose momentum it can quickly turn your way down the other end for a goal. Surprised though the girls went straight into the rooms, I was hoping to meet some of them seeing I can’t get to Casey due to the clash between the two matches on that day (men’s in Geelong and girls in Casey plus I have my birthday party that night)
Maybe the girls forgot about that clash with your birthday.😉 A couple of them did stay around, but seemed to be with family and friends.

Pretty stupid having them play 2 hour drive apart with about the same time gap between the two games.. could’ve played geelong and played before hand

Pretty stupid having them play 2 hour drive apart with about the same time gap between the two games.. could’ve played geelong and played before hand
Yeah there is no chance I’d be able to get to both it would have had to be one or the other

Casey is too far for me in terms of transport. Probably would take a couple hours to get there. It'll take less time getting to Geelong than to Casey from where I live. Which is weird to say, given I live in the inner city.

The worst thing about the train to Casey fields is about 20 stops on the way

I live on the geelong line and it is the opposite only about 8 stops but sometimes can’t get on due to overcrowding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst thing about the train to Casey fields is about 20 stops on the way

I live on the geelong line and it is the opposite only about 8 stops but sometimes can’t get on due to overcrowding
Yeah, I'd have to get to cranbourne and then a bus and then walk. Crazy. Anything inner city I could get to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back