Game Day AFLW R6 2019: Crows v Giants, Unley Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Defence is very loose. Not making use of our midfield dominance. Really need to pound them in the second half to secure good percentage leading into next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence has been far too leaky today. Dominating them elsewhere but we're just letting them score too many easy goals everytime they go inside 50.
Pressing up a bit too high for how we are playing today, makes it far too easy to get killed on the rebound. We don't seem to be closing down their space so effectively today.

Could be better in defence but I'm not particularly worried given we've had strong second halves of late. Giants will fall off as they have all year, I've seen most of their games and they're good for a half but drop off considerably afterwards.

It looks like we are attempting to have an extra player in the forward line which is leaving us outnumbered down back. And we are pressing slightly too high. Bold strategy.

A slight restructure should allow us to use our midfield and forward dominance without conceding from every second inside 50

We are sloppy today. A similar performance to first round against the Dogs.
Umpiring has been abysmal once again. So many holding/dropping the ball not called against GWS. And that last free against a defender near the goal line...was that for head high or in the back? I thought it was called "head high" but almost impossible to tackle by the head when tackling from behind!

Need to kick it into gear this next half!

Their goals have been for the centre set up or is stuffing it up in the midfield while they keep an extra back in their forward line. Then it’s an out number sprint. We are not recognising their extra in our forward line. So kudos to GWS for their hard running. It’s muggy here but that should be no excuse for the fumbles.

At qtr time Marinoff headed to rooms (on her own so I don’t know what for)

We are sloppy today. A similar performance to first round against the Dogs.
Umpiring has been abysmal once again. So many holding/dropping the ball not called against GWS. And that last free against a defender near the goal line...was that for head high or in the back? I thought it was called "head high" but almost impossible to tackle by the head when tackling from behind!

Need to kick it into gear this next half!
It was over the shoulder and it was there. Pity those aren’t being paid the other way.

It looks like we are attempting to have an extra player in the forward line which is leaving us outnumbered down back. And we are pressing slightly too high. Bold strategy.

A slight restructure should allow us to use our midfield and forward dominance without conceding from every second inside 50
Agreed on the turnover they had a couple of paddocks and numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back