Game Day AFLW - R7. Crows vs Pies Sun March 18 - Olympic Pk Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I was gonna write this but feared the backlash.

She can tackle and find the ball but other than that she needs a kick up the arse re disposal and decision making...she’s an arsonist out there who needs massive improvement for next season.
Marinoff?

Obviously the women don't get paid enough to do this full time, but other sides seem to be able to field teams that can take a mark and cover the ground reasonably well, so what is our excuse?

I was gonna write this but feared the backlash.

She can tackle and find the ball but other than that she needs a kick up the arse re disposal and decision making...she’s an arsonist out there who needs massive improvement for next season.
To be fair thats 90% of the women, just hack it forward.

Our gameplan needs a complete overhaul in the forward half and our players need a reeducation on how to mark, and how to get into position inside 50.

We need a strong marking target up forward that's not Perkins or Phillips. In fact I'd delist Perkins, she was terrible this year and I can't see the game suiting her moving forward.

Need to overhaul the midfield as well. Marinoff, Cox, Varnhagen passable to decent, Phillips obviously a gun, but everyone else is either bog average or completely substandard.

Defence looks set though with Allan, Cramey, Foley and Randall.

Ultimatum time for Perkins, get fit or GTFO, the number of times her opponents ran around her on the mark says it all.
Yep - is often the case with women's sports that go to eg Olympic level. Have a few who do very well early on, but then are quickly overtaken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ultimatum time for Perkins, get fit or GTFO, the number of times her opponents ran around her on the mark says it all.

I'd delist her either way. Game will move past her quick and we shouldn't have any even passing excuse to select her. Can't see her gaining the speed required to play at the elite level

Extremely disappointing.

-Umpiring was awful. Holding-the-ball seemed to only go one way. That ruck decision in the last was a joke.
-Our forward delivery was generally terrible. Hard to give Perkins a go when you don't even kick it to her general direction.
-We could barely run for large portions of the last half. Saw this in other games, don't think we are fit enough or have enough runners.

In hindsight, as I said the other day, we are about the 3rd or 4th best team this year and the ladder has almost exactly ended how it should have. Hope Brisbane can go one better this year.

Allan and Jones
alan%2Bjones%2B6a00e0097e4e68883301901be4de26970b.jpg

One thing that is clear is the umpires where scared to pay the hard calls in favour of the crows and jumped on the easy holding the balls. I lost count of missed frees that should have gone to the crows. Collingwood were allowed to drop the ball over and over again. Also, that boundary throw in debacle and the confusion by all players said everything you need to know about the communication capabilities of that umpire. The players clearly had no idea, he obviously didn't acknowledge the selections well enough that Crameri who was right near him didn't hear the call. If the umpires are to lazy to learn the names of the players and call out numbers and rely on lazy pointing the AFL has a problem. I am sorry but you can't have umpires who are scared of crowds umpiring games of football. Say what you want about AFL umpires in an AFL game but the quality we have seen today rivalled the complete incompetence of the 2017 AFL grandfinal. If you get umpires scared of crowds this is what happens.

IDK why they were happy to play Phillips at full forward all year while injured (rightfully so.) But on the one day she's ineffective in the midfield it's apparently critical she never go forward.

That ruck decision in the last was a joke.
A lot was made of that bizarre throw in free kick. Nobody mentioned the umpire refusing to restart the game after the resulting goal until an unmarked crows player on the wing (outside the square) moved into defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back