Game Day AFLW - R7. Crows vs Pies Sun March 18 - Olympic Pk Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to recruit more youngsters that are coming through football pathways more so than young women from athletics and other sports with questionable football skills. There's several young girls playing here in my local TAC Cup U18's that would run rings around some of our girls skill wise...Georgia Clarke, Rene Caris and Ella Bibby....put bluntly they're better footballers already.

We need to recruit more youngsters that are coming through football pathway more so than young women from athletics and other sports with questionable football skills. There's several young girls playing here in my local TAC Cup U18's that would run rings around some of our girls skill wise...Georgia Clarke, Rene Caris and Ella Bibby....put bluntly they're better footballers already.

Agreed, need a strong priority on those that have developed and played consistently throughout their underage. Those are the players with the best skills, game sense and all round ability.

Hoping to convert other sportswomen in one off season, or relying on older players with questionable skills, isn't a good solution unless they are a gun like Phillips

We need to recruit more youngsters that are coming through football pathways more so than young women from athletics and other sports with questionable football skills. There's several young girls playing here in my local TAC Cup U18's that would run rings around some of our girls skill wise...Georgia Clarke, Rene Caris and Ella Bibby....put bluntly they're better footballers already.
I've noticed that in the SANFLW as well. There's some quite good pure footballers there who are either too small, too slow or both. The AFL is slowly turning back to the pure footballer after years of recruiting athletes and this comp needs it moreso

If they officiate the htb rule in the mens game this season like i saw today we will see riots.
Imagine playing in a prelim (effectively what today was) and you see rubbish like we did today. Umpires will need to be protected everywhere they go.

If they officiate the htb rule in the mens game this season like i saw today we will see riots.
I know, i was so confused at times. The consistency was very poor.

Also there were so many sling tackles or dangerous tackles after the ball had gone like that's how most of the ammos girls get injured that needs to be looked at and cut out of the top level.

The AFL is slowly turning back to the pure footballer after years of recruiting athletes and this comp needs it moreso

Bit of a furphy that. What they've done is put more work into sports science at junior levels, so that all the players also work on their fitness across their teenage years, to match other sports who had been doing it smarter for longer. "Pure footballers" who can't do fitness still don't last at AFL level, and never will.

I think this has been the issue for a while, other teams seem to have AFL level coaching staff and have progressed this year while we've just plateaued.

When you see sides like Brisbane, it's clear that tactically and structurally we are behind the 8 ball when it comes to other sides.

Goddard needs a very good tactician to help her out, glaring issues with game trends, tactics and non-existent gameplan all season. Said it before but Goddard is a brilliant motivational coach/life coach but poor tactically. The Coaches box needs topping up, from everything I’ve heard and seen personally I’d be bringing South Adelaide’s women’s coach Krissie Steen who has vast experience in Victorian women’s football in if I was the club that’s if she doesn’t get poached back to Victorian with another AFLW club first.

Pretty ordinary season but we still have some positives to draw. Cox improved out of sight, Sarah Allen did some big jobs and our small forwards grew as the season went on.

Perkins needs to have a long, hard look at herself. Noffy even moreso, needs to stay off the turps and social media and get fit. I understand depth is an issue league wide and will only get worse as the expansion comes along but we need to unearth some guns.
If Griffen owned them, there'd be 20 new players next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunji and Peter Caven's credentials look fine to me.

You might have a point if they weren't stuck in the background with 3 other people ahead of them.

You only need to look our lack of skill and how poor we appear to be tactically to see that the coaching is a clear issue.

Goodard, Hodges and Moody have absolutely zero AFL experience and while we got lucky last year I think we've been exposed this year.

You might have a point if they weren't stuck in the background with 3 other people ahead of them.

You only need to look our lack of skill and how poor we appear to be tactically to see that the coaching is a clear issue.

Goodard, Hodges and Moody have absolutely zero AFL experience and while we got lucky last year I think we've been exposed this year.
Can't agree, it's more the lack of football skills a lot of our players possess, game plans etc go out the window when more than half of the list can't even hit a target when in the clear, there's an abyss skills wise between our girls and several of the other contending teams. Marinoff for instance goes hard, finds the football prolifically then proceeds to absolutely burn it on most occasions.

Can't agree, it's more the lack of football skills a lot of our players possess, game plans etc go out the window when more than half of the list can't even hit a target when in the clear, there's an abyss skills wise between our girls and several of the other contending teams. Marinoff for instance goes hard, finds the football prolifically then proceeds to absolutely burn it on most occasions.
I find myself rather shocked when a pass from her hits the target

Disappointed in a loss. We lacked polish and rely on a small few. How did Perkins get a gig today? Just because she played well last year does not mean she is an automatic start each week.

In the end Collingwood looked the better team....yeah umps were iffy but we were shown up after half time.

Girls ran out of legs in the last quarter and half of them looked spent

My voice is hoarse from abusing the umpires

Really disappointing effort in the end - I don't think the umps cost the game because it was 20 points in the end, but it was the worst umpiring I've ever seen and may have even trumped the 2012 Prelim - Was in Jones who got sling tackled in a way the blokes would likely be reported and they called HTB?

Some of you guys take aflw way too seriously IMO.
and we are well aware that you don't like aflw so why don't you piss off out of these threads?

you could say by definition of having a bigfooty acct that all of us take footy too way too seriously

So who's fault is that then if it's not the coaching ?

I do agree that we need some better players, but surely some of the blame for our poor skill level has to rest with out coaching staff.

So who's fault is that then if it's not the coaching ?
Skills aren't necessarily taught at this level, rather they are honed. It's not just an Adelaide issue though, skill levels league wide are awful.

Skills aren't necessarily taught at this level, rather they are honed. It's not just an Adelaide issue though, skill levels league wide are awful.

That applies for all the other AFLW players as well, yet many opposition players seemed to have stepped up this year while many of our girls seem to have plateaued.

That applies for all the other AFLW players as well, yet many opposition players seemed to have stepped up this year while many of our girls seem to have plateaued.
When 2 of your best 3 players miss the first 2 games and 1 of those played on 1 leg all season you're pushing it up hill.

Same goes for everyone

There is a gulf in skills between young draftees and most of the more senior players.

The senior players aside from the absolute guns need to be phased out ASAP

Felt Collingwood were better at the contest, we have so much talent, thought Chelsea was BOG then when subbed off we missed her intensity, just saying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back