Game Day AFLW Rd 10 Carlton vs Melbourne Saturday March 12 7:10PM AEDT @ Casey Fields

Remove this Banner Ad

Also ... no, Hill is not doing what she had always done. She has gone to another level.
There's very limited growth in her contested game and she's not covering significantly more ground to my eye. She's just getting more looks from her team mates, which makes perfect sense given Dalton's departure.

There are improvements in this season in some aspects, but we're at the back of the pack when there's enough talent to do a lot more. Selection, tactics, training and our increasingly fixated off-season recruitment plans appear to be grinding down our list.

My first question is ... when exactly did you stop discussing and started stating things as fact, often with hostility? I missed the transition.
1. Highlight where you feel my language suggests this without me being able to point to historical examples or reasoned discussion.
2. Get out of that group DM, it's making you all paranoid, or you're getting bad info from sources.

There's very limited growth in her contested game and she's not covering significantly more ground to my eye. She's just getting more looks from her team mates, which makes perfect sense given Dalton's departure.

There are improvements in this season in some aspects, but we're at the back of the pack when there's enough talent to do a lot more. Selection, tactics, training and our increasingly fixated off-season recruitment plans appear to be grinding down our list.

1. Highlight where you feel my language suggests this without me being able to point to historical examples or reasoned discussion.
2. Get out of that group DM, it's making you all paranoid, or you're getting bad info from sources.

I'm not in a group DM, and my info is from my own eyes.

You're not exactly rattling off facts either Jim. Much of it is subjective, and speculating to the negative.

I'm wondering if it is you who is receiving information and taking it as gospel, because the negativity is overwhelming considering how you used to post.

I'm not in a group DM, and my info is from my own eyes.

You're not exactly rattling off facts either Jim. Much of it is subjective, and speculating to the negative.

I'm wondering if it is you who is receiving information and taking it as gospel, because the negativity is overwhelming considering how you used to post.
I'm not getting info from anyone about the club.

I'm not getting info from anyone about the club.

Then why tell me I'm getting bad info Jim? You'd have to be getting info you believe to be true, in order to dismiss my opinion like that.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, everyone was worried that she'd join Collingwood eventually, and that's how it played out.

Hear hear on Maddy, I hope we don't lose her, but I think we have more cover for her position than we have for several others. The additional danger here is her relationship with GG. Even though she only shows it occasionally, Georgia can be freaky!
Might be wishful thinking, but couldn't the relationship with Gee just as easily work the other way? e.g. Maddy might be torn whether to stay or go, but maybe Gee loves it here and definitely wants to stay, so Maddy decides to stay too?

I gave two options, in response to you telling me I'm getting bad mail.
You're claiming cultural issues and speculating about who undermined Harris, but you don't know this. Why wouldn't a supporter give the benefit of the doubt until they actually knew something?

You're claiming cultural issues and speculating about who undermined Harris, but you don't know this. Why wouldn't a supporter give the benefit of the doubt until they actually knew something?
Or better yet, read and acknowledge the comments of the player herself. I'm tipping that anyone who says "I'm all about looking forward now", is not exactly proud of what came before.

Might be wishful thinking, but couldn't the relationship with Gee just as easily work the other way? e.g. Maddy might be torn whether to stay or go, but maybe Gee loves it here and definitely wants to stay, so Maddy decides to stay too?
Absolutely it could, and I sincerely hope it does. As I've alluded to in my other posts, I think the club and leadership group have done a pretty good job of selling the concept of "building something", so hopefully that all translates to not losing key players to the 'stains or the hawks.

I covered this in the pre-season and early season. This is years in the making.

I'm not doing that. At all.

We seem to be the only football club that consistently spins this absolute crud. It's horse sh*t, stop serving it up here as a reasonable explanation for anything.

We are a slow football side, and she does not help this, nor provide a consistent marking target.

If we had knowledge that Gibbs was struggling with mental health issues, we should have been making a different assessment. Downie is an extremely professional athlete, and still stands in - or close to - the elite tier. One year with a one-year option if she played at least 6 or 7 games would have been fine.

I suspect we had knowledge of Gibbs' struggles, same as we would have knowledge with Tayla.

And it is useless to stand by and lap up what inevitably is propaganda from the club. It may not be far from the truth, but it's never the full truth.

There's also reasonable and logical conclusions that can be gleaned from how things transpired. If we can't speculate and discuss without having every single piece of information clear and public, this whole website would be shutdown tomorrow. Bizarre argument, yet it's one I see thrown at me at least once a month.

And yet way too many of them are not looking like, or performing like anything approaching a full-time athlete. Diet is a huge part of the battle, and that's something that they can commit to all year round, with the club able to easily commit that kind of resource for them.

We can debate back and forth about genetics, but it's a flimsy argument for someone that has demonstrated athletic potential. They are not up to the standard of the league, it's as clear as day.

I've seen clubland at AFL and AFLW level do some absolutely braindead stuff on account of whispers and gossip. This isn't MENSA, it's a slight elevation on a local sporting club.

2021 was an incredibly tough year for everyone, and it was very clear from the moment Tayla arrived here that she was a bit green from both emotional and political points of view. Really curious as to why that support suddenly dropped through the floor, and who the true antagonists were.

Guerin got screwed by the coaching staff for almost 18 months. Hill is doing exactly what she was doing before the ACL.

Trudgeon was late to the game at the elite level, switching from basketball, while Jones has kicked 3.4 in the last 6 games.

Jones was originally recruited as a winger (169 cm) and is in her third season... her entire game in the forward line falls apart if she can't stick her marks. I'm not saying she can't grow her game, but her lead-up tricks were worked out pretty quickly by the entire league.

The only time the team was really firing was when the stubbornness around defensive structures and deploying attacking players like Guerin suddenly disappeared. I'd also like to highlight Harford's rhetoric after the Melbourne game as evidence of there being pressure on the football department, and I think that's justified.
Now you are just being belligerent, argumentative and condescending. You have stated opinion as fact many times.
It is also insulting to suggest that because I choose not to take your dim view of the internal mechanations of the club (of course with any organisation there are mistakes made and lessons learned) that I am sycophantically lapping up the clubs spin and propaganda.
Fact is I disagree with your perceptions on some issues.
If you're getting similar feedback 1 a month, have a think why.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back