Game Day AFLW Rd 2 Nmfc v GWS 3.10pm Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Results have been basically what I've expected so far, yet both weeks have been a little disappointing. Ball movement was fine this time I reckon (apart from Q4--maybe don't kick a high ball to the top of the D50 when you're playing tempo footy!), but team balance seemed further out of wack. The deployment of all these tall loping defenders is even more questionable when the 157cm hooker is out-marking us.

With GWS looking as sluggish as they were, Garner's 2 and 20 should be the cherry on top of a thrashing rather than the key difference. Compared to the clubs that are currently flying like Fremantle and Collingwood, this match was played at a crawl speed. I'm confident a lot of behind-closed-doors talk was about not peaking too early this year though.

If my read is right, we'll see the best parts of our R1 and R2 put together for a quarter on Sunday v Richmond, then cue in the rack for a 5-goal win.

I had a chat to Abba at one of the early season men’s games last year and she said that the season had been exhausting and they ran out of steam towards the end. I know they are fitter this year but I reckon you might have a point and they are trying to time their run. There was definitely better flow in the preseason games.

I had a chat to Abba at one of the early season men’s games last year and she said that the season had been exhausting and they ran out of steam towards the end. I know they are fitter this year but I reckon you might have a point and they are trying to time their run. There was definitely better flow in the preseason games.

Playing Australian Rules football in 35 degree heat for several weeks in a row would tend to exhaust the fittest athlete. The Adelaide game over in Werribee seemed to break their spirit. I know it broke mine after spending back to back days in Werribee.

Playing Australian Rules football in 35 degree heat for several weeks in a row would tend to exhaust the fittest athlete. The Adelaide game over in Werribee seemed to break their spirit. I know it broke mine after spending back to back days in Werribee.
You’re right, and the game at Casey last year was stinking hot too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back