Game Day AFLW Rd 9 Carlton v Giants, Sunday March 28, Blacktown, 4.10pm AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

Katie Loynes Career Summery: 2017-2021 | 36 games, 7 goals, 338 disposals, 50 marks, 166 tackles | 2018 Carlton B&F winner

Allison Downie Career Summery: 2017-2021 | 39 games, 9 goals, 279 disposals, 63 marks, 66 tackles, 423 hitouts

Loynes also helped build our list before the inaugural draft, probably should have been captain (or co-captain) a few years earlier.

With Downie retiring this leaves Vescio as the only Carlton player to have played in every possible game for the club. Moody one game behind on 38, Pound on 37 and Brazzale on 36.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The omission of the word “retirement” in that release does raise eyebrows. Sounds like they may have been forced out which is...not great.

(Also wouldn’t be surprised if Jess Edwards goes as well)

On the same token - we have a lot of promising youth, plus Dalton to return. With a minimum to take at the draft (and whatever happens in trade period) that’s, what, 3-5 spots that need to be made? Hard decisions and all... 😕

The omission of the word “retirement” in that release does raise eyebrows. Sounds like they may have been forced out which is...not great.

(Also wouldn’t be surprised if Jess Edwards goes as well)

On the same token - we have a lot of promising youth, plus Dalton to return. With a minimum to take at the draft (and whatever happens in trade period) that’s, what, 3-5 spots that need to be made? Hard decisions and all...

We will also lose to the to the olympics ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

'to depart'

Sounds like we've just dropped our captain and she wanted to play on...
It seems that way, I did see a couple of opposition or past players comment on the post about it not being the end.

I thought Loynes was part of recruiting team as well.

kIL8ATbs.jpg

W09GWSCa21MM809795847.JPG

Only time will tell concerning the future of Katie and Alison. At 35 and 36 years of age it’s not surprising to look for other options. They have both gone out in good form. Katie kept up her tenacious style of footy and Alison transitioned into a decent defender this year. I wish them all the best and thank them for their service.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back