Game Day AFLW Richmond v Collingwood - ROUND 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 14 Feb, 3.10pm (AEDT)
Swinburne Centre
Channel 7, Fox Footy & AFLW app.

Collingwood has made three changes to its line-up for Sunday's clash against Richmond. The round three match will mark the first occasion the Pies and Tigers will meet.

Collingwood's two-time best and fairest winner, Jaimee Lambert will also run out for her 30th AFLW game.
While Magpie fans are unable to attend the match, they can tune in on Channel 7, Fox Footy or stream the game free on the AFLW app from 3pm (AEDT).

The Magpies forward line will be boosted with the addition of 2020 Leading Goal Kicker, Jordan Membrey who's set to make her first appearance of the season.
Joining her up forward is Aliesha Newman who missed last week's match as she served a one-match suspension.
Rounding out the inclusions is third year Magpie, Jordyn Allen. She’ll return to the backline having been a late out from last week’s match due to illness.
Amelia Velardo has been omitted from the match while Sharni Norder will be sidelined with a quad injury.
Erica Fowler and Kristy Stratton are listed as emergencies.
Round two debutant, Joanna Lin has maintain a spot in Sunday's side being named on the wing.

IN: Membrey, Newman, Allen
OUT: Norder, Fowler, Velardo

2021-02-13_191838.jpg

Richmond
B
Bec Miller (15), Harriet Cordner (23)
HB Sarah D’Arcy (12), Phoebe Monahan (2), Iilish Ross (21)
C Kate Dempsey (19), Sarah Hosking (7), Hannah Burchell (9)
HF Courtney Wakefield (8), Ellie McKenzie (22), Katie Brennan (3)
F Tayla Stahl (24), Sabrina Frederick (14)
R Gabby Seymour (28), Kodi Jacques (10), Monique Conti (4)

INT Sarah Sansoentti (18), Tessa Lavey (37), Sarah Dargan (17), Sophie Molan (1), Maddy Brancatisano (5)
EMG: Christina Bernardi (6), Akec Makur Chuot (34)

IN: Tessa Lavey, Sarah Sansonetti

OUT: Christina Bernardi (omitted), Akec Makur Chuot (omitted)

DidakaW votes tough this week.

5 Sheridan
4 Schleicher
3 Davey
2 Bonicci
1 Lambert

Seemed off the boil for much of the game but not too much went their way. In the end, got the 4 points and at this time of the year can’t ask for much more. Thought we might have been a bit too heavy which impacted our run. Tough ask next Saturday.

Was the 1st time this year I thought we were on the rough end of the umpiring, especially in those 50/50 decisions. They seemed to get the free, we seemed to get a ball up.

Well Razor was 1 of the Umps ;)

Just realised our match next week will clash with the women's final of the tennis. It will be a tough choice if Ash makes it!
It potentially lends itself to spectators being allowed in at Marvel. I imagine the government will do what they can to ensure the AO final gets some fans attending and if that occurs they'd be hard pressed to allow one and not the other.

DidakaW votes tough this week.

5 Sheridan
4 Schleicher
3 Davey
2 Bonicci
1 Lambert

Seemed off the boil for much of the game but not too much went their way. In the end, got the 4 points and at this time of the year can’t ask for much more. Thought we might have been a bit too heavy which impacted our run. Tough ask next Saturday.

Was the 1st time this year I thought we were on the rough end of the umpiring, especially in those 50/50 decisions. They seemed to get the free, we seemed to get a ball up.

Yep same as yours Jackcass

maybe bottom 2 change around but samesame

I know Symonds wants to change angles as he said during the game but I think the bottom 2 are wasted
on the outside they should be in and under with Davey and running players like Rowe, Lin, Choc and others on the outside
for the run

Last edited:
Tough conditions today wind looked like it was swirling around a bit. Missed Sharni obviously in middle. Defence was solid again Schleicher played a lot deeper this week it seems but was great in traffic , with constructive handball and rebound.
Midfeild broke even to a degree.
Its forward of centre that is still not quite there.
I feel like we need another avenue to goal still.
Jordyn Allen, quick good skills, good in the air, id love to see her forward when Braz comes back.
Could be the x factor we need to compete with the top couple of sides.
Bonnicci
Lambert
Schleicher
Davey
Sherridan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good game. Geez we seem to have a decent forward line at last, Molloy and Sheridan and the rest would be giving defences nightmares.

Sheridan seems to improve with every game. She’s only played about 10 games of AFL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back