Game Day AFLW Rnd 1 - Carlton v Collingwood Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The standard of football played by each team is way too much to fathom.
Pies look like a well drilled,team orientated and great skilled/great game plan team we look the exact opposite.
Shithouse for Davey too hate seeing injuries of that magnitude to any player let alone an absolute star player :cry:

cause a kick from outside 50 would never be marked by one of their forwards or snapped by another..........delusional excuses - we really look a point worse don't we?

Who said anything about excuses? The poster has already said it was a simple observation rather than a criticism of the decisions.

Playing good cop bad cop doesn't suit you. Stick to the one liners.

Who said anything about excuses? The poster has already said it was a simple observation rather than a criticism of the decisions.

Playing good cop bad cop doesn't suit you. Stick to the one liners.
you've started early with the vacuous nonsense - any chance of an excemption to somehow put you on ignore?

That was tough viewing. Pretty frustrating.

Not many positives to take from that. Moody was good, I thought McKay did some nice things in close, and there were positive signs from Jones.

Was messy and chaotic, enough so that it's hard to know if it's lack of preparation (physical, mental, gameplan, drills, all of it), poor execution, lack of discipline, or just too many passengers and players not quite up to the standard. Perhaps a bit each.

Gee, knee injuries are a real concern at the moment at this level. Hoping for Davey that this isn't the worst-case ACL.

umps seemed a little whistle happy with one howler............I just reckon we come across as pretty happy with ourselves - where's the desperation? the pressure after midway through the first quarter? this team looked unprepared to play this game..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was tough viewing. Pretty frustrating.

Not many positives to take from that. Moody was good, I thought McKay did some nice things in close, and there were positive signs from Jones.

Was messy and chaotic, enough so that it's hard to know if it's lack of preparation (physical, mental, gameplan, drills, all of it), poor execution, lack of discipline, or just too many passengers and players not quite up to the standard. Perhaps a bit each.

Gee, knee injuries are a real concern at the moment at this level. Hoping for Davey that this isn't the worst-case ACL.
Paige Tudgeon did some nice things.

Mua and Brooke Walker not at their best today.

Daisey Walker will make it hard for Wilson to come by back in. I reckon they will be a good combination in years to come.

Need more from Brazzle.

Need Good to kick those goals

Please drop Plane.

It has been enjoyable to me watching the standard of the women's game improve each year. Our team looked a tad less fit and less organised compared to Collingwood- who seem to have kept their squad together and added to it - at our expense...

A lot of our stars were pretty off the boil today. Vescio was fumbly and gave away a number of free kicks, Prespakis had a couple of nice clearances but wasn't overly influential.

Jones and Walker showed some signs and McEvoy is continuing to improve, but the team is just pretty middling. Struggled to execute some basic plays at times - not sure if that is personnel or system, there's just not a lot of cohesion.

Suspect Downie is going to be a big loss. Adds leadership and flexibility around the ground and without Harris as a focal point we look quite small and toothless up forward.

Early signs are pretty poor tbh.

It has been enjoyable to me watching the standard of the women's game improve each year. Our team looked a tad less fit and less organised compared to Collingwood- who seem to have kept their squad together and added to it - at our expense...

Agreed, awesome to see some clear chains of possession and deliberate plays unfolding.

AFLW has come a long way already and the game has started to develop it's own personality and 'style' - The Pies sharing the ball, opening up little 10 metre kicks to get clear looks pretty unique to my eyes.

Doesn't look promising . Moody improved was very solid - need a lot more key personnel to push forward over the next few season

We've lost many good players over the last couple of years and haven't really replaced them.

Elise O'dea has come in but is the wrong side of 30.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No you don’t. You think it’s a cheesy marketing slogan.

It’s not comparable to either of the slogans you mentioned.

It's a slogan about Carlton Women's football changing the landscape of football for girls and women :drunk:

That doesn't mean it's now not a stale cheesy marketing slogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back