teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
Pretty poor performance by most out there today. Collingwoods ability out of half back pretty good. We don’t have the equivalent of Molloy out of our D50.

the skills are just ugh but that’s par for the course for this league still

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Wow, that comment from Livingstone...

Relevant for today's game, but NFI on Tayla's career to this point, and in incredibly poor taste.

Disgusting! :rage:

'Well this is year 4 and I think I know how to play her already.

You've just got to stop her in the air.
That's her game and if you can do that, she is useless'

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
turned it off, what she say please?

I caught the end of it, went something like that if you stop something about her play “she is pretty useless”. Paraphrasing but the commentators brought it up and apparently dehydration made her say it.

I had no idea it was said about Harris. I watched on Channel 7, went back a minute on Kayo Sport but they didn’t air the interview like 7 did.

* - raw stuff, untainted by the pr machine - probably close to what a lot of players think of each other - you don't say it out loud though - one, it's pretty insulting and poor sportspersonship, two it gives the player and club ammo and incentive for the next meeting...........game on.........

My Hat

All Australian
Aug 18, 2018
My head
AFL Club
Carlton
Hard to pin that result on any one thing IMO. Felt more like death by a thousand cuts. A little too casual from a few players. A little too inclined to kick & hope from others. A bit lacking in game smarts from others. A bit of luck going against us. A few more clutch moments for the opposition than for us. Etc.

Have to say that Vescio seems to have become a shadow of her first year self. Probably more about the rest of the competition catching up than Vescio going backwards, but still. Would love to see her become a more consistent contributor again.

BoundbyKreuze

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Did McEvoy even play today? Didn’t notice her. Why would we put Prespakis in the forward 50 and then spend half a quarter not getting it near her.

stacey Livingstone smashed Tayla Harris today. Then called her useless when the ball hits the deck in the post match. I won’t want to be sitting under a high ball in the next game. She may be right anyway.

today the girls played like a team that thought they just needed to show up. It’s typical of a lot of sides in the AFL sometimes. You can just tell they weren’t tough for long enough. Didn’t run hard enough into attacking positions and stepped back from the conflict on the ballot he coll wanted to employ. They’ll learn their lesson.

Nicola Stevens and Darcy Vescio both irrelevant.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
"if you stop her in the air, shes basically useless"

What more does Tayla Harris have to have slung at her in her sporting career. That was incredibly poor form.

Back