AFLW Rnd 3 - Carlton v Adelaide Gameday/Autopsy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

message to self - keep kirsti in the friend folder............
Nikki is stronger and faster she recently kicked a rugby league goal from half way then she repeated with her left foot, this girl is a freak when I first saw her on the footy field I thought she was a girl like me, she is a gun.

Grinded me the commentator was laying into the girls for not being 'elite' due to push and shove happening.. I know the players need to set an example but easy to say from the sidelines, and for the umpires and commentators being so far from elite she needs to pull her head in.

Bit rich considering they got players names wrong a half dozen times when calling the match.

Pfft this Adelaide Carlton supporter loved it.
3rd quarter showed the importance of our defenders. Close game otherwise.
Top 3 sides are definitely the best teams.
Kelli Underwood is not very intelligent. She repeatedly dismissed Brisbane and got as many player's names wrong as BT does. Thought Jacobs did well as a commentator. Boundary rider was a waste of space.

ok have to confess on watching it in replay that the umpires were not a factor. The wind was more of a factor. Two pretty even teams. Looking forward to us against Brisbane and Crows against Brisbane.

Pfft this Adelaide Carlton supporter loved it.
3rd quarter showed the importance of our defenders. Close game otherwise.
Top 3 sides are definitely the best teams.
Kelli Underwood is not very intelligent. She repeatedly dismissed Brisbane and got as many player's names wrong as BT does. Thought Jacobs did well as a commentator. Boundary rider was a waste of space.

ok have to confess on watching it in replay that the umpires were not a factor. The wind was more of a factor. Two pretty even teams. Looking forward to us against Brisbane and Crows against Brisbane.
Great on ground wrap up thankyou.

I've been prepared to cut Underwood a bit of slack in the past, but her commentary so far during this AFLW season is amateurish at best.

As you stated, she consistently gets the players' names wrong & calls the wrong team. I particularly found it to be poor form during today's game when Underwood was talking about the crowd & how they were getting right behind the Crows. During this time Downie took an excellent contested mark, but instead of some sort of acknowledgement from Underwood, she continued to ramble on about the crowd.

My advice: call the game & if there is nothing happening worth commenting about, then maybe have a quick chat about the crowd, or the weather, or an upcoming game.

I've been prepared to cut Underwood a bit of slack in the past, but her commentary so far during this AFLW season is amateurish at best.

As you stated, she consistently gets the players' names wrong & calls the wrong team. I particularly found it to be poor form during today's game when Underwood was talking about the crowd & how they were getting right behind the Crows. During this time Downie took an excellent contested mark, but instead of some sort of acknowledgement from Underwood, she continued to ramble on about the crowd.

My advice: call the game & if there is nothing happening worth commenting about, then maybe have a quick chat about the crowd, or the weather, or an upcoming game.
Agree. She was also let down by whoever did the production for today. They should not have set up such an Adelaide centric commentary team without someone more experienced in the main chair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. She was also let down by whoever did the production for today. They should not have set up such an Adelaide centric commentary team without someone more experienced in the main chair.
Sorry for the intrusion after a tough loss but I agree completely with this. Watching the Brisbane Collingwood game was made tough with Alistair Lynch and Tom Rockliff as commentators.

The girls looked great in the two Blues outfit today. Playing away from home on a blustery day will benefit the team in the long run. I'm finding this league more interesting as the team's have something to play for and the level of competitiveness is high. The blokes games are very pedestrian.

The girls looked great in the two Blues outfit today. Playing away from home on a blustery day will benefit the team in the long run. I'm finding this league more interesting as the team's have something to play for and the level of competitiveness is high. The blokes games are very pedestrian.

Blustery conditions will prepare them the next week in casey fields.

I particularly found it to be poor form during today's game when Underwood was talking about the crowd & how they were getting right behind the Crows. During this time Downie took an excellent contested mark, but instead of some sort of acknowledgement from Underwood, she continued to ramble on about the crowd.

I remember it well because I thought to myself at the time, had it been a crows player taking that mark, they all would have lost their s**t and talked about nothing else (and replayed it) for the next 5 minutes. It was a great mark and not a single word uttered in acknowledgement from any of them.

Sounds like you are going easy on her....:)
I don't know about taking it easy on her a football commentator did describe me as being built like Dean Solomon and that I move like Taylor Walker, and I have had to extract an aggressive Ivan Milat from his cell in my former life as a corrections Superintendent. I really just don't like the bullish attitude of Tex Perkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back