Game Day AFLW Rnd 3 - Richmond vs North Melbourne, Sunday 23 Feb, Princes Park, 3.10pm Melb time

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly of the 4 newbs both us and wc went after big fish whilst the gc and saints went under the radar building their respective lists. . Both rfc and wc will be damn lucky to win a game whilst saints and gc are looking good and already opening their accounts ,,,fascinating
Heard our coach say that in AFL it’s the bottom six that define a side, but in AFLW it’s the top 6. Maybe that was true in season 1, but the top sides have more depth now and clearly that’s no longer true.

Possibly the recruiting philosophy wasn’t righT. But frankly I have no idea. Maybe they’re recruiting to build in year 2 or 3.

That's harsh Bojangles17, i'd keep 22-24 players and let go 5-6 players
though I partially agree that most of our players aren’t up to it , poorly skilled and slow, we just need this season and next to gel as a team
we've got to remember it only takes 2 or 3 more skilled and fast players and we'll improve no worries
Hello No1 draft pick, hello Ellie Mckenzie!!!!!
It is going to take more than just 2-3 good players to improve this side. The team is a disaster at the moment.

Heard our coach say that in AFL it’s the bottom six that define a side, but in AFLW it’s the top 6. Maybe that was true in season 1, but the top sides have more depth now and clearly that’s no longer true.

Possibly the recruiting philosophy wasn’t righT. But frankly I have no idea. Maybe they’re recruiting to build in year 2 or 3.
Frankly I think it’s always your top 6 , in any case I don’t believe we scoped the right types, we ve favoured bulky slow players that prob find the footy ok at local level but are left in the wake at AFLW. I’d be reviewing our recruiting resource before we scour next years draft crop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there today.
big gap in physical capability was evident immediately.
Norf just too strong and quick. Clearly much more seasoned. They spread from contests much better, didn’t panic, were cleaner by hand.
not the end of the world. It’ll take a little while. Nice way to spend a Sunday arvo though.

Does the draft work like the men's? We're getting the number one pick?

The girls nominate for different regions; for example Vic Metro, Geelong, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, NSW & Tasmania?

So if Richmond finishes last out of all the Vic Metro teams, they get first pick out of all the girls who chose the Vic Metro region.

Lucy McEvoy who played for Geelong Falcons, was almost certain to chose the Geelong region and then get picked up by Geelong. She ended up chosing all of Victoria and ended up going to Carlton.

The girls nominate for different regions; for example Vic Metro, Geelong, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland, NSW & Tasmania?

So if Richmond finishes last out of all the Vic Metro teams, they get first pick out of all the girls who chose the Vic Metro region.

Lucy McEvoy who played for Geelong Falcons, was almost certain to chose the Geelong region and then get picked up by Geelong. She ended up chosing all of Victoria and ended up going to Carlton.
She chose Melbourne metro, partly because of uni in Melbourne and partly to get out of her comfort zone in Geelong.

Mad Richmond supporter too.

More than reasonable, they know their own work circumstances best, most need full-time work.

She chose Melbourne metro, partly because of uni in Melbourne and partly to get out of her comfort zone in Geelong.

Mad Richmond supporter too.

Ella Wood and Laura McClelland barrack for the tigers too. Sophie Molan used to until she switched to Collingwood.
At the Grand Final last year, there was an already signed Richmond player wearing a GWS guernsey which was picked up by a few of the girls.

It's tough to watch it team that constantly turns it over, makes poor decisions and taps it out of the ruck straight to the opposition nearly every time. I stuck with it for a half but fair dinkum that was just awful.
They do have a crack though and that part of it is great to watch. I agree with the Frederich opinions... she needs to do more

Ella Wood and Laura McClelland barrack for the tigers too. Sophie Molan used to until she switched to Collingwood.
At the Grand Final last year, there was an already signed Richmond player wearing a GWS guernsey which was picked up by a few of the girls.

You’re *en kidding wearing a gws kit to the gf , who does she think she is

If Sabrina isn't going to crash packs and bully the opposition with her size advantage what good is she? Soft as butter.
With all the gender bender stuff and the 'PC' brigade and so forth and so on, Are we allowed to say 'Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane' anymore?. ;):p:oops::think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back