AFLW Rnd 6 - Carlton v Melbourne Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanna get an idea of the hard work I put here? This match was a pain in the **** to calculate in terms of scores.

Not one player stood out from the rest and the last score I had to split evenly in three while giving the remainder to the next best. Never thought I'd ever need to do this. Something needs to change.

Scores are similar to that of fantasy points, except that I don't include the frees for (1 pt.) and against (-3 pts.)
Kick = 3 pts.
Handball = 2 pts.
Mark = 3 pts.
Hitout = 1 pt.
Tackle = 4 pts.
Goal = 6 pts.
Behind = 1 pt.

My voting system is: 20, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 and -5.

Two players tied with the best score of 53. Had two split the 20 and 10 evenly as a result.

Katherine Gillespie-Jones (15)
Katie Loynes (15)

Next best two shared a score as well, which was 40. Had to split the 9 and 8.

Maddison Gay (8.5)
Sarah Hosking (8.5)

Next best score was tied between three which was 39. Had to split 7, 6 and 5.

Georgia Gee (6)
Danielle Hardiman (6)
Nicola Stevens (6)

Jessica Hosking (4) was the only player with an non-shared score (excluding the -5).

Madeline Keryk (2.5) and Tilly Lucas-Rodd (2.5) tied with 36.

Finally, as I mentioned earlier:

Kerryn Harrington, Tayla Harris and Breann Moody all on 35.
Gave each 0.3 and decided to hand a measly 0.1 to Darcy Vesio who got 34.

Gabriella Pound had the worst score of 17. Unfortunately got the -5 (which was her first).

Note to Self: I probably should try to think of a better calculated voting system to determine best player.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t like what I’m reading on Twitter.. shocked. Coach is one thing and I can understand.. Davey and players wanting out and it sounds like it runs deep is a whole other (although could be connected).. going to be interesting to see how this pans out. Isn’t there new clubs joining the league next year? Which will make life harder for recruiting..

If Davey walks out and others wanting out then we should just scrap the womens team all together

BULLSHIT...... the team is bigger than the individual. If they wanna walk, I would rather 60yo grandmothers from Coburg plaza representing. The CEO better damn well fix this asap and put a leash on this tom foolery. It is set to be a PR nightmare. Just when we were building something, men, women, inclusiveness, the "journey", bound by etc .....

BULLSHIT...... the team is bigger than the individual. If they wanna walk, I would rather 60yo grandmothers from Coburg plaza representing. The CEO better damn well fix this asap and put a leash on this tom foolery. It is set to be a PR nightmare. Just when we were building something, men, women, inclusiveness, the "journey", bound by etc .....

It could just be a reaction to sacking the coach

Without Bri Davey our team is not much chop and if others follow (and get snapped up by other teams without compo) we are screwed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back