Game Day AFLW Round 1 Geelong v North Melbourne @ Baked Potato Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentators:

"Footy Gods are a sarcastic lot."

"No menu at the reestuarant of Karma. You get what you deserve."

BT:

Norf have no fans. D'uh.
The two main AFLW commentators on 7, Bennett and the one who's commentating now whose name i forget, are so much better than Bruce, BT, Darcy and co.

Perhaps the final quarter was a little disappointing, we allowed Geelong multiple shots at goal, but overall it's hard to be disappointed with what we showed today, totally dominated the Cats, had stars on every line, and yet will only get better over the coming weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two main AFLW commentators on 7, Bennett and the one who's commentating now whose name i forget, are so much better than Bruce, BT, Darcy and co.
The other commentator was Adelaide premiership winning coach, Bec Goddard.

Brilliant performance all round, obviously a couple of minor errors here and there but generally we looked assured and as though we had a clear and multifaceted plan that we were working to and executing consistently, which is more than you can say for most AFLW sides. Pity we couldn't keep them restricted in the final term as well, but nearly everything about this match was a clear positive for us - great to see Gavalas in particular carrying on and building from last year, strong marking forwards, clever ball movement when we had it and great pressure when we didn't - and the main danger is that beating up on weaker sides could leave us under-equipped when we come up against more challenging opponents. Looks like being a good season!

The other commentator was Adelaide premiership winning coach, Bec Goddard.
Oh, I wasn't talking about the special comments folks, although I do think Bec does a great job. There's a couple of male play-by-play commentator, Bennett and the guy who commentated our game today, who I think are so much better than the main 7 commentators during the men's season.

They’re such an inspirational bunch. You can’t help but feel good watching them sing the song. Oh and they’re just brilliant too. If only we could field such a balanced team in the men’s game. Our women seem to have all the bases covered - skill, run, x-factor, height, superstar, gut-running, tackling, accuracy, excitement, intensity, outside the box stuff (i.e. Gilroy). And Duffin isn’t even playing yet! It’ll take a fluke or a really great team to better them this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back