Review AFLW Round 1 Vs Fremantle. The Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting off our first game of the year against Freo at Casey.

Team:
Screen shot 2019-01-31 at 8.55.05 PM.png

This thread will start as a preview, roll over into a Gameday Thread, before finally changing into a review and finishing there

TV/Radio
Foxtel, Kayo Sports, AFLW Website

Weather
39 Degrees and Mostly Sunny

Last edited:

So could get up to 39° on Sunday...

Isn't that kinda... dangerous. Just a thought
Game wise the AFL does have a heat policy for both preseason games and AFLW. Quarters will be shortened if it is absurdly hot

Crowd is a bit smaller than i'd like, but i really can't blame anyone for not showing up due to the heat. Bad storms turn away some diehards in the winter, so this is something we just gotta deal with at this time of year

Bit frantic early.

Early but we should slow it down. We got good skills and we don't want to blow up early in the heat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd is a bit smaller than i'd like, but i really can't blame anyone for not showing up due to the heat. Bad storms turn away some diehards in the winter, so this is something we just gotta deal with at this time of year
There’s not much shade at Casey. You’d have to be pretty committed to get out there.

Great kick from Pearce there.

How can any athlete be expected to play in 39c heat? Madness. Will there be drink breaks during quarters?
Breaks will be extended, and quarters are shorter i think

Are runners allowed still in AFLW? because i thought the AFL banned them during live play but i'm seeing them all over the place

Froe starting to steady. But it wouldn't be surprising if that early peppering has burnt us a little in this heat

Quarter time thoughts
- Quarters are gonna swing between the teams with the heat.
- We look better in tight
- Defenders are misjudging the ball in flight so far
- Our forward line looks a lot more open than freo's, not utilising it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back