Autopsy AFLW Round 2, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Very promising signs again from the girls.

Patrikios a star. Shierlaw and Phillips were fantastic. Greiser with 2 goals.

Plenty to look forward to, wish we could've held on but they are the reigning premiers for a reason.

6 day break and then Round 3 vs Melbourne at Moorabbin.

Crows should be breathing a huge sigh of relief at their great escape but for us it’s one that got away sadly (with the help of the non goal call - or is that just me being a sore loser?)

Lots to like though for a team that’s played two games.

Shierlaw is our most important player. By a long margin. She's so crucial to structure.

We were struggling fwd so we sent her fwd and we started to score. Started to lose control in the midfield so sent her into the ruck and we started to have an impact.

The performance today is why I wasn't happy with last week. We should have been a lot more competitive last week with a closer score line.

This side has enough talent. Today we just ran out of petrol. Which you can accept.

Ffs what is the ******* point of having a spare down back for the last 5 minutes when we were behind?
Probably felt we were going ok and we'd score on the counter.

I think we ran out of petrol. They looked tired. Adelaide had more legs.

Probably felt we were going ok and we'd score on the counter.

I think we ran out of petrol. They looked tired. Adelaide had more legs.

I get having the spare when we are trying to save. Just the amount of times we kicked out of the backline and were outnumbered hurt any chance of scoring. Oh well onto next week.

Was in a horrible mood when we lost, trudging around the house. My partner asked what was wrong and I said the saints lost, and she said she was proud of me. Then I realised that I'd fully bought in to the women's, which I was a bit surprised about. Going to be a little grumpy all week, but guess that just means I care, which I'm actually pretty happy about. More than that, we've got some seriously good young players in our team, last week was my first week knowing anything about the team, and I went to the game so I wasn't sure who was who and what kind of experience they had, commentary helped, and it seems that a lot of our better players are still quite young.
Think Patrikios is going to be the next Saints player to win a Brownlow, and love Molly McDonald. Shierlaw and White played great games as well. Hoping for another big crowd at Morrabin next week, I'll be there for sure

Very entertaining game. Patrikios is sublime, plays like Dal Santo. We ran out of puff midway through the third. We couldn't run it out so should've kept our structure, instead we had two or three behind the ball and no one up front, hence turnover after turnover out of defence in the last. Patrikios' goal didn't look touched at the ground, what did the replay show? First half was awesome though, we totally outplayed them.

I love it...I think there's a lot of blokes just stepped out of the closet and officially on the 'G' train...that is 'G' for Girls ....its just brilliant to see the emotions being invested...and PATRIKIOS travelling on cue for the MVP.....I ve been saying it since last year I believe....well before anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed watching the girls live. Thought we were going to get a sealer in the fourth when we had two on one streaming inside 50 but the bloody bounce of that ball got us again. Found myself talking to the TV trying to get them to stop switching behind play and just move it forward. Like others here pleasantly surprised to discover I am emotionally invested.

Overall a great showing from the girls and made me feel very proud of them. A couple of years together and they should be a real force.

1582010910888.png

FEBRUARY 16: Jessica Sedunary of the Saints celebrates a goal with team mate Kate Shierlaw during the 2020 AFLW Round 02 match between the Adelaide Crows and the St Kilda Saints at Richmond Oval on February 16, 2020 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Matt Turner/AFL Photos)

1582010953281.png

FEBRUARY 16: Olivia Vesely of the Saints is tackled by Ebony Marinoff of the Crows during the 2020 AFLW Round 02 match between the Adelaide Crows and the St Kilda Saints at Richmond Oval on February 16, 2020 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Matt Turner/AFL Photos)

Should have been a mark

1582011041361.png 1582011076794.png

FEBRUARY 16: Clara Fitzpatrick of the Saints was stretchered off with concussion in the last quarter after courageously going back with the flight of the ball. during the 2020 AFLW Round 02 match between the Adelaide Crows and the St Kilda Saints at Richmond Oval on February 16, 2020 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Matt Turner/AFL Photos)

1582011101650.png

FEBRUARY 16: Catherine Phillips of the Saints kicks the ball during the 2020 AFLW Round 02 match between the Adelaide Crows and the St Kilda Saints at Richmond Oval on February 16, 2020 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Matt Turner/AFL Photos)

Back