Women's Footy AFLW Round 2 2020 - West Coast v Fremantle - Optus Stadium. Saturday 15 Feb 2019, 4:10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Duffy needs to be reprimanded by the club for her bump yesterday, completely unnecessary after the West Coast player had taken the mark. I hope she gets suspended for that or the club gives her a kick up the arse.
Best part of that was the camera panned to Duffy after the bump & an Eagles player ran towards her to give her a push & Houghton jumped in front of Duffy & the Eagles player crapped herself, jumped back & pointed at Duffy instead.

Summed up the day really.

Last edited:
Duffy needs to be reprimanded by the club for her bump yesterday, completely unnecessary after the West Coast player had taken the mark. I hope she gets suspended for that or the club gives her a kick up the arse.
When one of the commentators (Holmes?) thought it was somewhat soft as a 50, interesting call. The one player who could be in trouble for us might be Grieve after her hit on Swanson

Check out the replay, it was soft. Unnecessary which is why it earned a 50m, which it deserved. But it wasn't high and Gibson definitely flopped.

I checked out KJG's two incidents on Hooker and then Swanson closely as well. Both incidental contact caused by the movement of the player that got injured, not KJG. If any of these three end up with even fines I'd be quite surprised.

Gibson's high forearm on the sideline after she ran past the ball however would definitely get a suspension if it were the AFL. Will be interesting what she gets with AFLW. It might be a blessing for WC if she gets suspended.

edit - The Duffy incident was with 5:43 left in the 4th for those who want to make up their own minds.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back