Autopsy AFLW Round 2, 2022: Collingwood v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jessica Matin, St Kilda, has been charged with Forceful Front-On Contact against Jess Hosking, Richmond, during the during the second quarter of the Round One match between St Kilda and Richmond, played at Skybus Stadium on Friday, January 7, 2022.

In summary, she can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $400 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

Jessica Matin, St Kilda, has been charged with Forceful Front-On Contact against Jess Hosking, Richmond, during the during the second quarter of the Round One match between St Kilda and Richmond, played at Skybus Stadium on Friday, January 7, 2022.

In summary, she can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $400 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a reprimand with an early plea.
Forceful front on contact? WTF? Never heard of this. Is this something specific to womens footy?

Forceful front on contact? WTF? Never heard of this. Is this something specific to womens footy?

I thought the exact same thing! I had to go back and watch the what happened. Hosking had her head down bending over to pick up the ball, Matin went in to tackle but Hosking's head was pointing towards her. Just a free kick in years gone by, but reportable now.

I thought the exact same thing! I had to go back and watch the what happened. Hosking had her head down bending over to pick up the ball, Matin went in to tackle but Hosking's head was pointing towards her. Just a free kick in years gone by, but reportable now.
So are they saying forceful front on or head high? Seems confusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no Friend or Richards... makes one think that they must be a bit off it if they can get a gig in this developing team. But I'm sure it's not like that.

IN: Exon, McDonald, Shierlaw, Xenos
OUT: Matin (omitted), McCarthy (omitted), Shannon (omitted), Watt (AFL Health and Safety protocols)

Still no Friend or Richards... makes one think that they must be a bit off it if they can get a gig in this developing team. But I'm sure it's not like that.

IN: Exon, McDonald, Shierlaw, Xenos
OUT: Matin (omitted), McCarthy (omitted), Shannon (omitted), Watt (AFL Health and Safety protocols)
Good list of ins.

Shocked they dropped Matin! Thought she brought some good physicality and disposed of the ball well.
Yet kept a few players in who barely got near the ball.

Still too tall for my liking.
3-4 tall fwds (Shierlaw, Vogt, Guttridge and Grieser), 3-4 taller def (L.Burke, Ott, Van Dyk, Jakobson) plus Cutting in the ruck.

Big call dropping Kate McCarthy who is one of the few who offer any run and carry even if she did have a bit of a stinker last week

Shocked they dropped Matin! Thought she brought some good physicality and disposed of the ball well.
Yet kept a few players in who barely got near the ball.

Still too tall for my liking.
3-4 tall fwds (Shierlaw, Vogt, Guttridge and Grieser), 3-4 taller def (L.Burke, Ott, Van Dyk, Jakobson) plus Cutting in the ruck.

Big call dropping Kate McCarthy who is one of the few who offer any run and carry even if she did have a bit of a stinker last week

Yeah Matin is possibly the best kick in the squad on either leg, and one of the smartest footy brains. The ball in her hands in the safest bet IMO... getting the ball to her is the issue. But like G, they have bigger bodies but haven't been able to break tackles really. We do need speedier players though, ground coverage was our worst area, along with agility around clearances.

Agree about the talls too. Maybe we're playing all of them to find the best performing, then cutting half of them after a few weeks. KMac seemed hell rusty, missing kicks and marks and generally quiet. Not alone though. Shame Shannon couldn't play in this guernsey.

Very exciting ins though. X to light it up is my tip :thumbsupemoji:

Yeah Matin is possibly the best kick in the squad on either leg, and one of the smartest footy brains. The ball in her hands in the safest bet IMO... getting the ball to her is the issue. But like G, they have bigger bodies but haven't been able to break tackles really. We do need speedier players though, ground coverage was our worst area, along with agility around clearances.

Agree about the talls too. Maybe we're playing all of them to find the best performing, then cutting half of them after a few weeks. KMac seemed hell rusty, missing kicks and marks and generally quiet. Not alone though. Shame Shannon couldn't play in this guernsey.

Very exciting ins though. X to light it up is my tip :thumbsupemoji:
Yeah very happy with the ins just felt the outs could have been different.
For mine Vogt and Ott were particularly lucky.
May be a bit bias as Matin has become one of my favorites but felt she did some good things fwd and has some potential to do stints in the middle.

Feel like we are trying to stretch the defense with talls in a hope to free up G but the chaos ball or stop/start footy going fwd is not helping her.
Need the speed underneath so hopefully Xenos & Exon will help with that. Plus Shierlaw up the ground as the out option.

Back