Game Day AFLW Round 2 - GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions, 3:10 pm @ Manuka

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the other (foundation) teams who even comes close to us? Like I said in a previous post, we are a multiple flag team simply because we have winners in every line. I don't want them to drink their bathwater but who even is on the same level?
Melbourne potentially, hopefully we've ascended to another level since last season. Injuries early in the year probably cost us both games against them. Would probably wait to see a few more games against a few more opponents before claiming we're a teir above the rest of the comp, we've only played 2 teams.

Melbourne potentially, hopefully we've ascended to another level since last season. Injuries early in the year probably cost us both games against them. Would probably wait to see a few more games against a few more opponents before claiming we're a teir above the rest of the comp, we've only played 2 teams.

The game at the injury sandpit I thought we simply stopped trying too hard in the 2nd half. It was noticeable to me that the girls went from defending strongly in the first half to not bothering in the 2nd. No doubt their tiredness was catching up as cramming 3? 4? Games in 2 wks was too much while Melbourne had a 9? day rest and had all the advantage.
The prelim was just us getting a bit outplayed bcos maybe we thought we'd just miraculously win, which is never a winning strategy. I rate Melbourne but I still think we're better.

Thoughts and prayers for dlanod.
Zero issues here. The GWS women seem to split their time between the inner west and Canberra, neither of which are easy to get to so I don't think I've seen them live yet.

Of the other (foundation) teams who even comes close to us? Like I said in a previous post, we are a multiple flag team simply because we have winners in every line. I don't want them to drink their bathwater but who even is on the same level?

Collingwood may be better this year in using their tall forward line. Could push our defense.
Melbourne as usual, will be up there.
I'm glad Adelaide lost Erin Phillips, the aura factor will be less when we face them this year.
Kangaroos and Dogs usually put up a good fight.

These are the likely top teams in my view.

St.Kilda seem to be flying, just waiting to see how they play against decent opposition. Next round is against Melbourne, would tell us how well they're going.

Good solid win after a slow start. The basic team stats below. A-Z order
Hitouts
Lions: Hickie 34 + Smith 6 + Wardlaw 3 = 43
GWS: McCormack 9 +Stack 3 + Evans 1 = 13

Hickie also had 10 disposals 2 marks 4 tackles. An all round good performance

View attachment 1499388
View attachment 1499389
We have some stars, but she is becomimng the most important player in our team.

Back