AFLW Round 2 - Melbourne v Richmond at Casey Fields, 5.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

It is starting to seem like our improvement from last year was only to keep the same distance from the top teams rather than bridging the gap. Rectifying our stuff-ups when entering the competition may take a long time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating to watch but we're getting better, we get our hands on it compared to last year but we just can't finish the job down forwards. Frederick only effective when one on one and one out else she's just ineffective. Brennan definitely nqr.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We entered the AFLW too early. Should've got the gameplan up and running in the VFLW for a couple more seasons then made the step up. I don't reckon you ever see much improvement by just throwing players to the wolves each week.
The only thing in our favour is that we won't ever get done by 100+ points.

1612602331309.png
1612602373989.png

Conti 27d, but can anyone really remember one of those as a really telling possession. Don't mistake me, she's great, but she is getting the ball in places and positions where she just isn't effective enough with it for the most part. It's not really her fault, it comes back to the coach and the game plan.

Brennan is a bit the same without as any touches - is a very unlucky footballer - she needs to change that somehow.

Ellie McKenzie with half as any touches as Conti (or there abouts) and all the more dangerous with them.

Brancatisano was a good in - we needed her link work when she got off Daisy.

Might be time to move Monahan into a more threatening role. We are better down back, not great but better, and could have survived down back perhaps with her into the middle.

Cred to Kodi Jacques on her game today - cracked in, got some nice touches and was up and down the ground a bit more this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back