Preview AFLW Round 2 v West Coast at VU Whitten Oval, Sunday 16/01/22 12:40pm local

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Well done Dupuy. She might be a find. Looks like our best ruck and can play forward.

The recruit in Saad not doing much to inspire much confidence so far.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good tussle. We should be 2 goals ahead, missed opportunities. Great attack on the ball, tackling. Eagles went 2x forward and scored. 16:7 inside50, 9:2 in 2nd QTR. Single made a difference. Rowbottom is a talent.

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Watching live we should be well ahead on the balance of play which is a positive. Some good handballs to break the play open.

But we need to finish our chances.

Jen2310

Spec Moderator
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watching live we should be well ahead on the balance of play which is a positive. Some good handballs to break the play open.

But we need to finish our chances.

Where you sitting?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC2015

Premiership Player
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well done Dupuy. She might be a find. Looks like our best ruck and can play forward.
Another talent from Cairns. Great to see Far North Queensland shining through in both our men's and women's teams.

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Surely Hampson doesn't get suspended for that tackle? That would set a big precedent.

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Putting Kindy down back is wasted. She surely must play forward from now on. She's an AA standard forward. Play her there.

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Single looks so rusty, but clearly has talent. Just needs to get the ball in her hands as much as possible to get her confidence up.

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Saad is killing us. Gotta get her off the ground and out of D50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Bella is just uninvolved out there. Taps it to no one in particular then just doesn't get it back again.

Groves-Little is someone that looks like she has become much better since she first started. Now has the confidence to take the game on. Just needs some finishing skills.

The insistence on Kindy down back is just bizarre. Spend so much time up forward and she's not there to capitalise.

Jen2310

Spec Moderator
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really needed that extra goal going into 3 quarter time. Because eagles have some pace when they move, they are hard to stop.

I’ve tried to find some shade near the glass entrance all this sun isn’t good for my skin

GC2015

Premiership Player
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I would guess this is the first time our girls have been in front at three quarter time since our inaugural AFLW season. Let's hope the girls can hang onto the lead here!

Snagging the first goal of the fourth quarter would be massive in a game like this.

Jen2310

Spec Moderator
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would guess this is the first time our girls have been in front at three quarter time since our inaugural AFLW season. Let's hope the girls can hang onto the lead here!

Snagging the first goal of the fourth quarter would be massive in a game like this.

And first goal goes the opposite way

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
That's game over.

Really disappointing. Poor coaching to adjust to their quick transition in the fourth. Refusal to kick into the middle and take any risk.

Big Red Machine

Der Sonnenkönig
Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Same problem as the guys, Just don't know how to win games.

Never ******* mind me, Got no idea what I'm talking about

Rowbottom will be is a star

Last edited:

Sunny_

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Gotta use hands. We have players set up to handball through, but blood rushes to their heads and they smash it on the boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad