Game Day AFLW Round 2 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't either - and it never does in AFL - but Ralph reported that it had been sent because the automatic grading would have been too harsh.

Pfffft.
Hmm I wonder what too harsh equates to, and I wonder if Ralph is getting his info from somebody in an orange shirt. All I know is Riddell's injury seems too harsh for a minor bump off the ball.

With all that said I felt like a had a gauge on who the dirty AFLW players were coming into this season, and Barr certainly wasn't one of them, so I will be surprised if the vision shows anything too extreme (assuming we get to see it, but if we don't... very suss).

Hmm I wonder what too harsh equates to, and I wonder if Ralph is getting his info from somebody in an orange shirt. All I know is Riddell's injury seems too harsh for a minor bump off the ball.

With all that said I felt like a had a gauge on who the dirty AFLW players were coming into this season, and Barr certainly wasn't one of them, so I will be surprised if the vision shows anything too extreme (assuming we get to see it, but if we don't... very suss).
The only thing I could think would be if she somehow stood on her foot when going in to bump.

Out of curiosity, who are they? Cranston, ... ?

Out of curiosity, who are they? Cranston, ... ?
There used to be three standouts for mine, which is now down to two since Lauren Tesoriero's delisting. Sophie nutCasey is the worst in terms of lashing out at random players in frustration, has deliberately driven her elbow through multiple faces. Then there's Angela Foley. Anybody going to the Werribee game in a few weeks, keep an eye out for #3 from Adelaide. She is a lot more sly and calculating, will frequently go after an opposition's big name (have seen her snipe Harris, Wuetschner and Pearce in three consecutive AFLW matches) with knees and forearms from behind.

I think I have Cranston in a denser and less-grave category in which her indiscretions seem to have been more reckless than intentionally dirty.

Has the tribunal heard this case yet ?
Yep, one-week suspension. Video of the bump on the AFL website now. Not a particularly egregious act but certainly not a light bump, there's a reason why you're not allowed to do stuff like that more than five metres away from the ball. The presented defence that Barr was just trying block a lead rather than knock Riddell over is obviously garbage.

1week in a 7 week season.
Missing 14% of the season for an illegal action resulting in the injured party missing 85% of theirs seems incredibly lenient.

As in the coaches' votes, Emma Kearney was one vote shy of unanimous BOG.

(5) Kearney 29
(4) Jas Garner 10
(3) Emma King 8
(2) Jenna Bruton 6
(1) Jamie Stanton 3
Jess Duffin 2
Kate Gillespie-Jones 2
Elisha King 1

Clearly Jess Duffin's set a high bar for herself already and with people wanting to share the love with votes this week, didn't even crack the top 5.

Leaderboard after Round 2

7 Em King
6 Garner
5 Duffin
5 Kearney
3 Riddell
3 Bruton
1 Stanton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back