AFLW Round 3 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just seems to go completely invisible for 90 percent of the game.

You mean 100% of the game? 5 disposals, 1 mark and 0 tackles across 3 games of football is real bad.

Great win by the way! Kicking that last goal would have been amazing though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
You mean 100% of the game? 5 disposals, 1 mark and 0 tackles across 3 games of football is real bad.

Great win by the way! Kicking that last goal would have been amazing though...
She didn't play much in our first game. Last week was just poor. This week likewise... :/

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
J2DTRP0.jpg

Good win to back up after two weeks of travel and a 6 day break after coming back from the west. Good to see we can still win when we play badly.

I was worried at the start of the third when the girls came out. A lot of them were laughing. Some were waving to people in the crowd. I thought they may have gotten overconfident. Collingwood on the other hand went in with true grit and looked the hungrier team. We were on the ropes for the rest of the game.

I think this will be a magnificent learning game for the girls. There is so much they can take from this gritty as * win.

In the end, our outside mids in McCarthy and Ashmore stood up, Sab and Harris were imposing around stoppages and while we weren't the team with the momentum, we were the better defensive team and never gave up. Great win.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think the abrupt success of the Brisbane women's team just goes to show what a lot of us already know about Queenslanders. Something special often happens when Queenslanders take ownership of a team and the commentators said during the coverage that 22 out of the 27 girls playing for the Lions women's team are Queenslanders. It doesn't matter that people underestimate us, look at our Origin side for more proof. This is why I think it's absolutely crucial that both QLD teams continue to grow the academy system so our men's teams can replicate the girls. I saw so much passion when the girls were singing that song today and I wish I would see that more often with the Brisbane and Gold Coast men's sides.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
While not even slightly underestimating GWS girls, you would imagine we are now a strong chance to go 4-0 next week. Crows, Carlton and the Bulldogs follow though and they will be tough!

fanackapan

All Australian
Aug 4, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I was worried at the start of the third when the girls came out. A lot of them were laughing. Some were waving to people in the crowd. I thought they may have gotten overconfident. Collingwood on the other hand went in with true grit and looked the hungrier team. We were on the ropes for the rest of the game.

I think this will be a magnificent learning game for the girls. There is so much they can take from this gritty as **** win.

In the end, our outside mids in McCarthy and Ashmore stood up, Sab and Harris were imposing around stoppages and while we weren't the team with the momentum, we were the better defensive team and never gave up. Great win.
Yeah, that. Also, kick straight, win game.

A lot of chat about how overrated Mo Hope is but I think even more overrated is Collingwood's vaunted skillful midfield. Saw very little evidence of it today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back