Women's Footy AFLW Round 3, 2021 - Brisbane vs. West Coast

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well this will be a good guage to where we are at playing an unbeaten opponent ........also intrigued to see the outcome of the Crows/Docker game. Will we get to play the Cats this season or does our winning form suggest higher teams to verse.

Well this will be a good guage to where we are at playing an unbeaten opponent ........also intrigued to see the outcome of the Crows/Docker game. Will we get to play the Cats this season or does our winning form suggest higher teams to verse.
My guess is we’ll probably play GC, GWS and 7 Vic teams.

GWS will possibly be kept as a backup game for the next Covid shut down.

The AFL might be reluctant to send the QLD and NSW teams west, and vice versa, possibly reluctant to send the SA and WA teams north.

Changing the topic, is anyone bidding on the women's jumpers? I have to say I'm a little surprised at whose jumper is going, or has gone, for what price. Not surprised in a negative way just not expecting some jumpers to be attracting as much attention as they have. I won't say who I'm bidding on but am hoping that everyone else is not interested and that I win.

Changing the topic, is anyone bidding on the women's jumpers? I have to say I'm a little surprised at whose jumper is going, or has gone, for what price. Not surprised in a negative way just not expecting some jumpers to be attracting as much attention as they have. I won't say who I'm bidding on but am hoping that everyone else is not interested and that I win.
Good luck!

Playing three weak teams in a row to start the season will do wonders for our ladder position, but I wonder if it will give false confidence to the players once we come up against a more competitive side. I'd much rather have played the Pies this weekend than the Eagles.

Article on AFLW membership dated today states tickets for R3 go on sale Friday at 10am members and 11am general public.
Still no official mention of any change of opponent or venue

"Tickets for the remaining Round Three matches will go on sale to home club members at 10am (local time), followed by general public sales at 11am (local time) on Friday, February 12."

Club described the fixture a couple of days ago as being "locked in" vs Collingwood. Seems fairly emphatic language to me.
We may still play Collingwood but tickets usually go on sale early in the week.
Something is happening due to Covid in Melbourne
SA has closed border to greater Melbourne
Maybe they are just waiting for other states to clarify position before going ahead as planned or with some slight adjustments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad news everyone, AFLW have confirmed we ain't playing this weekend due to COVID logistics with the home clash versus the Eagles being on hold TBD 😢
The W Show says we are DEFINITELY playing this weekend, and the report you've linked to doesn't say we aren't.

11-02-2021 5-10-02 PM.png

I originally mentioned the talk was for 5.10pm v WCE but no venue mentioned
A 5.10 start at Hickey Park would mean lights for the 2nd half
I don't know how good the lights are at Hickey Park. Would not be AFL standard that's for sure.
They may have to start at 4pm and clash a bit with the Tigers game
At least it looks like the game will go ahead.
Another option is to start at 10 am Brisbane time

According to the women's league page the game against WC has been temporarily put on hold.....don't know what it says on the Club page.....

According to the women's league page the game against WC has been temporarily put on hold.....don't know what it says on the Club page.....

Same information really as BrainOfMorbius quoted on his other post:

Due to the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the AFL today made the decision to update this weekend’s AFLW Round 3 fixture.

The match details for the Brisbane Lions will be determined in due course with the AFL working closely with, and being led by, respective governments and health officials.

Tickets that were due to go on sale tomorrow morning will be put on hold until final details are confirmed.

If we don't play on sun how do we make up the points? Or do we have to just like it or lump it and accept a slide down the ladder due to not playing the full complement of games?

Hub all the teams in the middle of Australia, that way anything going on in the cities has little impact. Given the minuscule cash the women earn the AFL should have no issues paying all their salaries. And The Lionesses know how to play in boiling hot conditions so we should quite easily steam roll the other teams weakened by extreme weather and make the finals and win the GF. Am only half joking. Do it AFL, do it.

Back