AFLW AFLW Round 3 - 2022 Season Seven

Gilroy had six kicks in that quarter, prrrrobably not sustainable for Hawthorn but nevertheless their level of competitiveness seems to be hugely dependent on her impact.

Conti had kicked just 6 career goals before today (4 of them for the Bulldogs), never more than 1 in a game. 20 and 3 with a quarter to play today, puts her on track for some sort of record (Phillips the only player to manage 20 & 4 in a game).

bluebagger95

Rookie
Apr 4, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
how does Kelli Underwood have a job, doesn't know half the players names and continues to just talk random nonsense
she is all class and so knowledgable i just heard my new fave underwoodism its a crows free kick,no its not its going to adelaide seriously wtf get her off tv

R1 we saw the good and bad of West Coast. Last week we saw the ugly. Today we saw all three (I hope supporters stayed around long enough to witness the good parts). Futile to isolate any specific weakness of their first quarter-and-a-bit, but Five Players Outmarked On The Goal Line was the perfect illustration of "structures" failing as a cheap substitute for one-on-one accountability.

Essendon would be 3-0 if they had landed a ready-to-go ruck option. Or, actually, maybe 2-1-0. Next weekend's game against Richmond should be pretty good, and their public holiday match against the Pies is fast approaching... Something's gonna have to happen fixturing-wise there if Collingwood make the men's GF, it'd be a near-perfect storm to render Olympic Park inadequate.

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Hack captain. Dumb coach. Trash ground. It's not enough that Geelong have to suck, they have to bring everybody down to their level. And I don't care what happens in the 2nd half. If you're gonna flood your back half to an unrivalled level, you gotta cop the criticism.
Yeeep go and * yourself, Dan Lowther lol. The club bends over backwards with their balls in a knot to try luring the hottest talent from SA, WA & QLD... can they really be happy with such a talentless brand of football.

They lose their spearhead, plus another young key forward, but they get Melbourne's all-time leading goalkicker (Melbourne, not some dud team) and then play her in the backpocket. The AFL should step in and sack this idiot if the Cats don't.

Of course that won't happen, cos some things never change. Like Stacey Livingstone crumbling under pressure late in a game, very reminiscent of the prelim vs Brisbane in 2021. On the other hand, stand and applaud the coming-of-age of Jordyn Allen, who was a walking brainfade just last season.

yeah, look i'm loath to totally agree with you Teen Wolf, but you're right it's very hard to watch the Cat's play, the way they do
they drag every team down to a heavy defensive scrap level fight, not very easy on the eye's

it's not because the Cat's are unskilled or lack good attacking flair, they've got some really good players
seems that the coach Dan Lowther thinks that's the only way they can win or is it more likely his only way to keep his job

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Lowther wasn't the coach that positioned extra players behind the ball after half time - finishing with both winger's and a third camped down there for the entire last quarter.

It's like you didn't watch the game, or any of the Cats games. Opposition find it difficult to score because the Cats are a contested possession side that wins the ball at stoppages. Their defence is rock solid and will make it difficult for any team to score. Not because they drag opposition teams down, because they beat them in the air and on the ground.

nah mate, it's well known that Geelong plays a heavy defensive game, by players and coaches

Lowther always plays a 6 or even 7 player defensive half for most of the game, until the last Q, when he lets the side off his defensive leash

it worked at the deathnell against the Tigers but fell short against Pies and it was a recuring theme last season

i like watching all AFLW team's, but not so much Cats and GCS, just scappy, ugly games

both Ferguson Rd 1 and Symonds Rd 3 described the game against Cat's as "Frustrating"

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
This year's crop of draftees is by far the best ever. So good to watch unlike Geelong who's games are rubbish to watch.
cant wait to see Ham back out there, even only after 1 game she looks 2 cuts above the rest of the draftees. Has the perfect build for this league too

Back