AFLW Round 3 - Richmond v Collingwood at Swinburne Centre, 3.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong aren't going to force a Vic Metro kid to play for them, hence they gave up pick 5 last year instead of drafting Alyssa Bannan.

Prespakis will be at Richmond in 2022 unless the decision is made to trade the pick away. Holding on to her might be a different story, given that she'll be targeted by new teams as an expansion signing in ~2023 (keeping in mind there is no compensation given to teams losing players in that scenario).

If KS is stupid enough to trade away Prespakis then she'll be boned for sure.

Thought Birchall had a few good possies , and like the improvement in Dempsey too

Her pattern appears to be she gets better as the game goes longer from what I can tell. I think she is improving and that Ferg would be reasonably happy with her

I reckon the better teams are the ones who can move the ball forward into space, rather than having to hit targets all the way. Freo do it really well. A few times in their game against the Crows, they had no players inside 50 when they kicked it in, and they still goaled. Or just the Full Forward i50. Part of the secret sauce to playing 16-a-side, maybe.

Ellie Mac, one-out in the square, like Dusty, is the way of the future, IMO.

I think they thought they were going to get something like that out of Stahl, and apart for an early game last year, she just doesn't stay on her feet enough to be a real threat. Shame, she has the other tools.

I reckon the better teams are the ones who can move the ball forward into space, rather than having to hit targets all the way. Freo do it really well. A few times in their game against the Crows, they had no players inside 50 when they kicked it in, and they still goaled. Or just the Full Forward i50. Part of the secret sauce to playing 16-a-side, maybe.

Ellie Mac, one-out in the square, like Dusty, is the way of the future, IMO.
Agreed, and this is why it is important to have speed across the ground, which we seriously lack. Bombing long to packs is just not going to cut it without a dominant forward and crafty front and square players, neither of which we have.

On SM-G970W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coaches Association Votes for Round 3:

10 Brittany Bonnici (COLL)
6 Brianna Davey (COLL)
6 Monique Conti (RICH)
5 Jaimee Lambert (COLL)
2 Ruby Schleicher (COLL)
1 Katie Brennan (RICH)

Not sure how you get a vote for playing 1 good qtr of footy? McKenzie, Seymour, Tessa Lavey and Cordner all played better.

How McKenzie missed out on votes and this weeks Rising Star nomination is beyond me. The Rising Star fiasco continues!

Not sure how you get a vote for playing 1 good qtr of footy? McKenzie, Seymour, Tessa Lavey and Cordner all played better.

How McKenzie missed out on votes and this weeks Rising Star nomination is beyond me. The Rising Star fiasco continues!

I'm not unhappy Brennan got a vote. She turned the tide our way in the last. But yes, agree, I had McKenzie as the best Tiger on the field, and I am officially on the Seymour bandwagon. I give these votes some credibility because they come from the coaches.

The Rising Star is like All-Australian in my eyes. Pure fiasco. Votes cast by people who watch less footy than many punters. Remember Brad Johnson, Bulldog legend and Rising Star judge, once said Shai Bolton hadn't been nominated (yet) because he hadn't watched any Richmond games (yet). Joke. Also remember the RS was "won" by Rhys Palmer (over Cotch, JR#8 Bachar, and Grigg, all nominated that year) and Lewis Taylor won over Bontempelli. Like AA, it means * all, except that you're liked by some media fatheads.

I think they thought they were going to get something like that out of Stahl, and apart for an early game last year, she just doesn't stay on her feet enough to be a real threat. Shame, she has the other tools.
Massive disappointment, her or dargan need to be dropped , I’d say dargan

Her pattern appears to be she gets better as the game goes longer from what I can tell. I think she is improving and that Ferg would be reasonably happy with her
I think she might be a real sweet kick, hope the few good things that happened last week when she took the game on helps her believe she belongs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love watching Courtney Wakefield, a real natural lead up forward with a bloody good set of mits and crashes packs, pity our entries i50 are so indiscriminate as it creates way too much congestion, looks to Me fergs is addressing , moving out kB and SB to ruck duty

Dedication is amazing too - doubt anyone else puts in quite so much travel to be involved.

Geelong aren't going to force a Vic Metro kid to play for them, hence they gave up pick 5 last year instead of drafting Alyssa Bannan.

Prespakis will be at Richmond in 2022 unless the decision is made to trade the pick away. Holding on to her might be a different story, given that she'll be targeted by new teams as an expansion signing in ~2023 (keeping in mind there is no compensation given to teams losing players in that scenario).

Yeah have to agree with you Teen Wolf, regarding Cats not recruiting Vic Metro players, but is G.Prespakis too good to pass on if they have pick one?
But in saying that i believe Tigers will finish last, win a game or not, so will have first crack at Prespakis
Regarding Expansion around 2023, S.A. and N.S.W most definitely but not Vic as S.A and N.S.W talent is being funneled through one team where as Vic is thru 8 teams
Adelaide and G.W.S are top 6 quality teams while Saints, Cats,Dogs and Tigers aren't and won't be for a few years at least
Can't see Hawks and Bombers getting a gig until the Vic 4 are around Top 6 quality to be honest, probably a license in 2025

Yeah have to agree with you Teen Wolf, regarding Cats not recruiting Vic Metro players, but is G.Prespakis too good to pass on if they have pick one?
But in saying that i believe Tigers will finish last, win a game or not, so will have first crack at Prespakis
I honestly can't see Geelong finishing above Richmond, I'm not sure where their wins are going come from especially without Nina Morrision. Geelong could possibly trade pick 1 to another victorian club, perhaps? We desperately need Prespakis in our side, and will win some games.

Regarding Expansion around 2023, S.A. and N.S.W most definitely but not Vic as S.A and N.S.W talent is being funneled through one team where as Vic is thru 8 teams
One way to evaluate the production of talent in VIC and NSW would be to count the number of impressive teenagers from each state that have debuted in the past year and a bit. It's at least 20 vs at most 1. Compound that by how much of the Giants' list has to draw from ACT/VIC/SA in order to be competitive, among other factors, and it makes me think the Swans are a distant last place in the licence race.
but is G.Prespakis too good to pass on if they have pick one?
If Richmond is aware of, and willing to go to, the necessary lengths that it might take to keep Conti, McKenzie and G.Prespakis on the same list then it's a no brainer. Such lengths would involve money, and imo those three players would provide more bang-for-buck than a standalone VFLW program.

I honestly can't see Geelong finishing above Richmond, I'm not sure where their wins are going come from especially without Nina Morrision. Geelong could possibly trade pick 1 to another victorian club, perhaps? We desperately need Prespakis in our side, and will win some games.

Or the Goldies, or the Eagles. Reckon we'd give the Saints a red hot run this season, too. Their "win" was on the back of 26 to 6 frees. I was at that Dogs game and Saints supporters were laughing. They know they weren't the better team on the night.

Or the Goldies, or the Eagles. Reckon we'd give the Saints a red hot run this season, too. Their "win" was on the back of 26 to 6 frees. I was at that Dogs game and Saints supporters were laughing. They know they weren't the better team on the night.
Umps must have thought the saints were Collingwood on their cycle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back