Review AFLW Round 3 Vs Brisbane. The Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is this s**t version of our song?
It's the one found on our youtube page. Assuming the guy just googled it and grabbed it. Either that or it's the new one we elected not to use

Just crazy Brissy players then
I'm fairly sure its a skin cancer thing ... the sun has plenty of bite in it up here at this time of year, and the couple of players wearing the sleeves have had some melanoma issues previously ... saw something about it a little bit ago.

Best on Ground for mine
3 L Pearce
2 H Cordner
1 A Newman
+1 ... Pearce was phenomenal, Newman's goal sense set up the game, and Cordner absolutely annihilated Sabrina, a really impressive defensive performance.

Yeah she’s a ripper, got a footy brain on her too, which really stands out in this comp atm

Yeah I agree with this.

The 'natural' players really stand out. You can tell a player who has had a history in the game (even for 18 year olds) by even little things like how they hold the ball when they run with it.

Cat Phillips comes to mind. Super athletic, quick, fit and obviously talented, but kinda runs to weird spots with and without the ball. Also has an unorthodox grip on the ball which makes it hard for her to kick properly while on the gallop. Still really useful, just an observation from the last couple years.

Yeah I agree with this.

The 'natural' players really stand out. You can tell a player who has had a history in the game (even for 18 year olds) by even little things like how they hold the ball when they run with it.

Cat Phillips comes to mind. Super athletic, quick, fit and obviously talented, but kinda runs to weird spots with and without the ball. Also has an unorthodox grip on the ball which makes it hard for her to kick properly while on the gallop. Still really useful, just an observation from the last couple years.
I may be wrong, but I think we're now starting to hit the point with the draftees, that they're the girls who've come through the development pathway, and have been able to keep playing, rather than having to give it away at under 14s. So in theory, the competition should continue to significantly improve as more of these girls are drafted.

Good effort from the legal team to get her off after being offered 2 weeks. Tho the 2 weeks was absurd, she didnt put the girl out of the game or anything
Maybe Brennan should have hired our lawyers last year

I may be wrong, but I think we're now starting to hit the point with the draftees, that they're the girls who've come through the development pathway, and have been able to keep playing, rather than having to give it away at under 14s. So in theory, the competition should continue to significantly improve as more of these girls are drafted.
You're correct. The comp is already showing signs of improvement this year thanks to actual football players running around.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is our Lauren Pearce this year? She’s been amazing. A real breakout.
Am I remembering her wrong as your stereotypical lumbering ruckman from days gone by in previous seasons?

She’s certainly gone to an amazing level this season, some of her delivery inside 50 last weekend was Melk like ... I said during the game, she was basically playing like Max, only a much better kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back