Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Eagles

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there. My observations.

*Effort and Commitment cannot be questioned. No contest was shirked and they played with passion. However we are sadly the least skilled side in the comp
*When your mids are getting smashed at most clearances you have to make every post a winner when you go get the ball inside 50. Bar a goal with our sole entry in the first quarter we butchered the footy I50 something terrible
*We do try and play link up run on footy, but when you have 3 possessions then either fumble, drop a simple mark or turn it over the confidence drops and you go back to stop start footy
  • Hannah Priest and the defence were fantastic in the 1st quarter when the ball was camped in their 50 the whole time. If the dam wall had broken it was game over at qtr time.
  • We got some very ropey decisions against us in the 3rd quarter, but we got 8 frees to 1 in the last, in good spots, and time after time our use from them was awful.
  • Some sides could probably cover their 2 best mids when they cant/wont play. We unfortunately absolutely cannot.
  • We so badly need a marquee mid who can lift the whole side when things are down. Sadly she refuses to play.
*Why, at a suburban ground with maybe 1000 people there, does a game need a shrieking ground announcer reminding us to wash our hands, and letting us know what an AMAZING game weve got ahead of us. Its annoying at Marvel its 1000 times more annoying at a small ground
The lack of a marquee mid is killing us. Every week, it's the defenders leading the disposal tally and Tilly, a defender posing as a mid.

You cant compete in games if your mids are only getting disposal numbers in the mid-low teens. GP not only racked the ball up at will, but she then brought the lesser players into the game. Right now, we have no one to do that.

2nd game I’ve watched this year. Standard is literally laughable. We are bad. Underwood is also a shocking commentator. Really annoying. Like scraping a chalk board.
I commend anyone taking a positive angle.

2nd game I’ve watched this year. Standard is literally laughable. We are bad. Underwood is also a shocking commentator. Really annoying. Like scraping a chalk board.
I commend anyone taking a positive angle.
Positive angle is we might get a good draftee.

Positive angle is we might get a good draftee.

Speaking of which, PMBangers has done an early top 20. Who knows what pick we'll end up with as the new clubs enter the comp. Considering the new clubs might be able to poach from the current clubs, one could argue that we actually need the better draft picks more than they would!
Geelong and Carlton are both on one win and we are yet to play them. I'm not sure that I want any W's that would put us above other Vic clubs.

ehhhh-png.1324203

Speaking of which, PMBangers has done an early top 20. Who knows what pick we'll end up with as the new clubs enter the comp. Considering the new clubs might be able to poach from the current clubs, one could argue that we actually need the better draft picks more than they would!
Geelong and Carlton are both on one win and we are yet to play them. I'm not sure that I want any W's that would put us above other Vic clubs.

ehhhh-png.1324203
is it still restricted to pools? like only vic teams pick from vic?

Was frustrating to watch. They tried hard and went into every contest. But rushed kicks, a bit of panic, and WC just kept mopping up.

Loved watching Patrikios last season. Such a pity she isn’t there. She would make such a difference.

But can’t fault the girls for their effort and spirit. They were having a crack that’s for sure.
she was the hope you were selling saints fans. you could see it. she was the one you build a side around. pretty deflating to see that get extinguished. not a lot to look forward to.

she was the hope you were selling saints fans. you could see it. she was the one you build a side around. pretty deflating to see that get extinguished. not a lot to look forward to.
Nothing like saints footy during the week to get you down. Not even a weekend to ruin, just throw it on top of it still being wednesday tomorrow

ehhhh-png.1324203
Given our percentage, we should still be last if we win 1 game, so an unexpected win against one of Calton, Geelong or GC (2 wins but they were both come from behind in the last quarter against expansion sides) would be good to just get on the board but still get the better pick.

Given our lowly standard and the question marks about GPs future, we have an extremely compelling cause to get some extra assistance at the end of the season too. We also need to be throwing everything we have at some experienced players but with the 2 new Vic sides, it will be even more difficult to get anyone decent across.

is it still restricted to pools? like only vic teams pick from vic?
Yes.

And right now, the first 4 Vic pick are being given to Essendon and Hawthorn.

That said - there should be room to move on that if they get some big names to sign for them given when we joined the comp, WB and Carlton got given picks in front of us to compensate who they lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the Giants game has been rescheduled yet? And also if we're still playing the Lions on Friday night?
Not word yet on either game.

From the post game interviews, it sounds like we are preparing for Friday night but also aware AFL could reschedule the game at any moment.

Yes.

And right now, the first 4 Vic pick are being given to Essendon and Hawthorn.

That said - there should be room to move on that if they get some big names to sign for them given when we joined the comp, WB and Carlton got given picks in front of us to compensate who they lost.
we don't have any big names to get compensated for though.

Just Patrikios who could go to Essendon.

But more broadly, if Essendon or Hawthorn get a big bounty of experienced players then they might take one or both of those compensation picks away and which would then move us up the order.
Right, I see now. We're hoping that their signings negate their compo.

Also if Patrikios goes to Essendon I'll vomit

If Patrikios uses this COVID situation to get to Essendon I'm asking the G-Train to run through her the opening bounce in 2023.

Had such high hopes for her being our marquee player for seasons to come.
That would be a sight. G-Train lining up against a midfielder at opening bounce. Question have we ever thought of using her as a ruck?

Back