Women's Footy AFLW Round 4, Brisbane v Adelaide, Sunday at Hickey Park.

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Our first genuine test this season.

566F1508-1FDF-4AFA-8BA2-2B675EC49D70.jpeg

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
A brief perusal of the Adelaide board, and they believe their team has a problem running out games.

They’re very down on their team atm.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They won't be able to afford a repeat of the slow start.
Not so much as a slow start but a complete domination by the WCE ladies in the first 1.5 quarters.
We really should have been down by at least 3 goals at quarter time. And even more in the first 8 minutes of the second.
So no scoreboard pressure from WCE which made it much easier to get back into the game

Lesson learned i hope, as Adelaide should be a different beast altogether compared to the 3 teams we have played that are all winless.
Having said all that, we now play an attacking style of footy with some good defenders and play at home
Bookies have Lions $1.60 to Adelaide $2.28. Hope they have got it right
Long range forecast sunny with a possible shower

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions have a 6 day turnaround, Adelaide have a 3 hour flight.
The men's team had to tick off some firsts over the last few years so i hope it's now the ladies turn
I believe we have not beaten Adelaide since the AFLW comp started in 2017.
Lost two in 2017 including the GF. Phillips killed us both times but she has not played against us since then.
Beaten in R1 in 2018
Did not play them in 2019
Beaten again in R1 in 2020

The men's team had to tick off some firsts over the last few years so i hope it's now the ladies turn
Lost two in 2017 including the GF. Phillips killed us both times but she has not played against us since then.
Beaten in R1 in 2018
Lions Women beat Adelaide in the regular season games in 2017, 2018 and 2020. Didn’t play them in 2019.
Head to head 3-1.
Only game they beat us was the 2017 Granny.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions Women beat Adelaide in the regular season games in 2017, 2018 and 2020. Didn’t play them in 2019.
Head to head 3-1.
Only game they beat us was the 2017 Granny.
Yes i am completely wrong.
I got results from aflwstats produced by Jivlain. These are great by the way
Jivlain has correct results i should have taken better notice of how he has it set out regarding Home & Away results
Learn by my mistakes i hope as i have made plenty over the years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very much looking forward to this game. When I've watched the other top teams such as the crows, North or freo the main thing that stands out to me as missing from our girls game is the strong kick - mark play these teams have. Building those skills has clearly been a focus.

By contrast, I find our girls full game fitness, tackling intensity and wave running / handball chains stand out as a distinctive style. Going to be very interesting to see the game plan tested by better opposition. If we can bring the fire from the past few weeks, though, you'd think we should have an edge. and who knows, maybe if we win another some of our girls could finally start getting some media attention. Dakota leads the comp in goals and greta is second in the league in score involvements and equal third for goals and you don't really see them mentioned at all

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I believe the one type of player we are missing, is dominant inside midfielder.

You look at most of the Vic teams, and they now have a younger inside mid who has come through the pathways who is dominating games.

If you added one of those girls to our team, I’d say we’d probably be favourites for the flag.

You look at most of the Vic teams, and they now have a younger inside mid who has come through the pathways who is dominating games.

If you added one of those girls to our team, I’d say we’d probably be favourites for the flag.
I think we also need a bit more penetration in our kicking.
Our girls still kick a bit too loopy.

One area where we are much better this year than previous years is that we finally have a bit of pace all over the ground and speedier ball movement.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Beaten in R1 in 2018
I remember us beating them over there,,,,,,,,or was it a dream?

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I also believe we r 1 short in height in the backs....Huntington absolutely killed us in her debut season before doing her knee....Lutkins is great but not tall in stature.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Grider is a loss. From the highlights Tahau can play a similar role.

Back