Women's Footy AFLW Round 4, Brisbane v Adelaide, Sunday at Hickey Park.

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Cathy is good...took the game on a couple of times...shows a bit of grunt and hard running with the ball...she will only get better...
I believe Cathy is 28. She would have to have the longevity of Phillips to keep improving year on year.

Lions lack a midfielder that not only racks up possessions but is damaging. We need to find one next year. About time we stole one from another club.
They are almost all young, Victorian, and have come through NAB League pathways. Would be very hard to get one out of Victoria.

Gold Coast potentially have one in their academy this year, Teagan Levi.

We have three girls, all from Maroochydore, in the National academy, but none of them are midfielders. Maggie Harmer KPP, Mikayla Pauga SF, and Bella Smith utility.

Our U18 AFLW academy played Gold Coasts academy yesterday, but I haven’t read anything about the game to know who won or who performed well.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I believe Cathy is 28. She would have to have the longevity of Phillips to keep improving year on year.

They are almost all young, Victorian, and have come through NAB League pathways. Would be very hard to get one out of Victoria.

Gold Coast potentially have one in their academy this year, Teagan Levi.

We have three girls, all from Maroochydore, in the National academy, but none of them are midfielders. Maggie Harmer KPP, Mikayla Pauga SF, and Bella Smith utility.

Our U18 AFLW academy played Gold Coasts academy yesterday, but I haven’t read anything about the game to know who won or who performed well.
I believe Cathy has only been playing footy since 2018 so I have no doubt she will continue to improve with experience and confidence. She has speed and is a good athlete.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
While it was an interesting game it was also a terrible game in that a team that has an even spread of contributors like us couldn't defeat a one woman team like the crows. Feeling rather flat today. And not feeling very positive about the Fremantle game, especially given that it's in Fremantle.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
While it was an interesting game it was also a terrible game in that a team that has an even spread of contributors like us couldn't defeat a one woman team like the crows. Feeling rather flat today. And not feeling very positive about the Fremantle game, especially given that it's in Fremantle.
It doesn’t help that we have a 6 break and 3 crucial injuries

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Crows have a pretty strong all round team. Have at least 3 midfielders that are better than our best mid.

Phillips,Marinoff and Haskard
We say this about our Men’s team often but the women’s is the same, we need 1 or 2 bigger bodied mids with a bit of pace and skill.
With the games that I have been to, our women’s team are so small in comparison to others.

Disagree Anderson is an amazing midfielder
She knows how to rack up the footy but her skills let her down and has no penetration to her kicking.
Which is an area that we as a team are lacking. All of our mids have quite short kicks. The defenders just sit in front and pick them off all the time.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
She knows how to rack up the footy but her skills let her down and has no penetration to her kicking.
Which is an area that we as a team are lacking. All of our mids have quite short kicks. The defenders just sit in front and pick them off all the time.
What hurt Us most yesterday is not our midfield it was our forwards didn’t work harder up the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Yeah, it was a disappointing loss and although we broke even in contested possessions, they out ran us and got more numbers to contests and were first to the ball for most of the game. Phillips was awesome, but it wasn’t just her. We only played three quarters. Hopefully we can get Grider back and add Jess Wuetschner to the forward rotation. We certainly needed someone like her in the last quarter when we kept kicking it to Adelaide backs. We have a very watchable side, with an opportunity to be the first team to topple Fremantle. O’Dwyer a very exciting player, great to see her development in the last few games. Go Lions!

Back