Preview AFLW Round 4 v Richmond at Metricon, Sunday 30/01/22 4:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I went online to buy tickets for the match on Sunday. Does anyone know why there is only like 17 bays? There is plenty of other ones that I cannot select tickets for?! No wings?

Getting Jacqui Yorston back for this game is going to be huge for us. Her and Rowbottom playing together on the inside is going to be awesome to watch. Yorston averaged 14 disposals and 7 tackles per game in 2020 and was a big reason as to why we played finals in our first season.

This time around we'll have two inside bulls who are both tackling machines. Add in Ellie Hampson when she returns from suspension next week and we will be really hard to beat on the inside.

Looks like the weather is gonna be shocking tomorrow night for the game!

Western Bulldogs got hammered by the Giants last night. It was their first game since Round 1 and suffered with a lack of games after being in iso. Hope it doesn't happen to us!

Last edited:
How exciting! We've missed Yorston sorely. Jacqui and Rowbottom should be really tough to beat in the middle. Would love to have Hampson as well but we'll have to wait until next week to see the three of them play together.

Saad out and Hammond in is a good move. Saad wasn't very good last game and she deserves a break to work on her game.

Excited to see how the girls go tomorrow. A win by 9+ points and we're back in the top 6. Let's go!

Very sensible to bring Jac in now. I won't expect her to have the same impact she did when she went down injured, but the sooner she gets back to playing games the sooner she can start influencing games.

There's no reserves system and training can only do much. Time to play and carry her through some matches.

Very sensible to bring Jac in now. I won't expect her to have the same impact she did when she went down injured, but the sooner she gets back to playing games the sooner she can start influencing games.

There's no reserves system and training can only do much. Time to play and carry her through some matches.
QAFLW not running? Practice games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No QAFLW at the moment. Prac matches are happening between non selected players vs Academy
Ah okay, interesting. I've been trying to compare it to VFLW (who started practice matches this weekend), but suns dont have a QAFLW team so not comparable. The girls can't do practice matches with their local QAFLW team they would usually play with when not being selected?

Ah okay, interesting. I've been trying to compare it to VFLW (who started practice matches this weekend), but suns dont have a QAFLW team so not comparable. The girls can't do practice matches with their local QAFLW team they would usually play with when not being selected?
I’m not too sure when QAFLW starts

GAME DAY!

I hope the girls are ready to fight the way they did against West Coast in that fourth quarter last week. If we bring our best footy then we can definitely win this game. I think we'll need Rowbottom, Kindy, Bohanna and Ahrens to all play well to get the job done today. Win by more than 9 points and we're back in the top 6 with a game in hand. That's an enviable position to be in when we're coming up to the halfway mark of the season next week. I know I shouldn't have high expectations but I'm really excited to see how Yorston goes today and I'm fairly sure we shouldn't leak as many goals this week without Saad down back.

Let's go girls!

GAME DAY!

I hope the girls are ready to fight the way they did against West Coast in that fourth quarter last week. If we bring our best footy then we can definitely win this game. I think we'll need Rowbottom, Kindy, Bohanna and Ahrens to all play well to get the job done today. Win by more than 9 points and we're back in the top 6 with a game in hand. That's an enviable position to be in when we're coming up to the halfway mark of the season next week. I know I shouldn't have high expectations but I'm really excited to see how Yorston goes today and I'm fairly sure we shouldn't leak as many goals this week without Saad down back.

Let's go girls!
Oh, man. You're optimistic again. Richmond played a decent footy so far. I hope you're right.

One thing I like is that this game is at Metricon. The game will be so much better to watch on TV. A bit tired of broadcast from local grounds with only low cameras views.

D'Arcy, Rowbottom, Bohanna are great. Great pressure. Midfield pretty good. Some nice dash. Bush not chasing hard. I enjoy the game. Girls play better than I expected before the season started. We can probably stay with most teams except top 3-4.

D'Arcy, Rowbottom, Bohanna are great. Great pressure. Midfield pretty good. Some nice dash. Bush not chasing hard. I enjoy the game. Girls play better than I expected before the season started. We can probably stay with most teams except top 3-4.
Noticed this a few times. Has the one effort but then is gassed. Needs to provide more if she wants to stay in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back