Women's Footy AFLW Round 5 2020 - Fremantle v Brisbane - Fremantle Oval. Sunday 8 Mar 2020, 2:10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

literally cheered for Brisbane
Agree totally. Was a total *****. Pav’s done special comments on a couple of the women’s games and Schofield keeps his head pulled in a bit then, but yesterday with no Pav, he was going to town on Freo. campaigner

Agree totally. Was a total fu******. Pav’s done special comments on a couple of the women’s games and Schofield keeps his head pulled in a bit then, but yesterday with no Pav, he was going to town on Freo. campaigner
he doesn't know the girls names either, whoever decided it would be a good idea to go with him needs to be fired.

Cuthbertson has been a Godsend.

Her and Roxy win most courageous moment

Agree Cuthbertson had been a godsend. She's been amazing down back all season.

BUT - not sure about this being the most courageous moment tbh. I think it was a bit of a balls-up. Cuthbertson was coming in from the side to go the spoil - what all good defenders do. Roux was incredibly courageous in going back with the flight to go for the mark, but she knocked Cuthbertson into the path of Wardlaw, all three went to ground, hurt, and Brisbane won the ball. If anything I think maybe Roux should have won it on her own, Cuthbertson was just doing her job, but Roux's effort was a net-negative for the team.

However, she's VERY young, and backed herself, her skill and athleticism, not knowing what was coming the other way, so yeah, very courageous, and she'll learn when to fly and when to stay down. Cuthbo was collateral damage IMO.

Agree Cuthbertson had been a godsend. She's been amazing down back all season.

BUT - not sure about this being the most courageous moment tbh. I think it was a bit of a balls-up. Cuthbertson was coming in from the side to go the spoil - what all good defenders do. Roux was incredibly courageous in going back with the flight to go for the mark, but she knocked Cuthbertson into the path of Wardlaw, all three went to ground, hurt, and Brisbane won the ball. If anything I think maybe Roux should have won it on her own, Cuthbertson was just doing her job, but Roux's effort was a net-negative for the team.
Yeah, but it all happens very quickly. I think the team will probably work out that Cuthbertson can be trusted to look after he own woman (player) soon enough. Hughes?? did the same thing on the weekend and left us short on the ground at the contest.

I remember there was one umpire call where he was like "Oh come on" and it sounded so heated and genuine. Actually embarrassing listening to this twat.
Yeah I remember that. And more than once - 'that was an interesting free kick', or 'free kick to Brisbane... oh no it's going to Freo. I don't think anyone on the ground knows what's going on', or 'well that was an interesting free to Freo', or 'they missed that one for Brisbane'. The list goes on. But that was the worst one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back