Autopsy AFLW Round 5, 2022 (S7): Geelong v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see Xenos' knee. McKinnon dumped on her head by Prespakis. And Vesely didn't see anything in it, couldn't even see a brush of the head, bizarre but she was staggering around like a boxer.
Yeah no clue what the hell happened to vesely. She actually hit the Geelong player in the head then was stumbling around like she’d just been hit by a car

Dillion back will definitely help. Makes sense resting her on a 5 day break as well given her history.

Hopefully McDonald is out of concussion protocol as well. We've missed her the past 2 games.

That would make more sense. We will likely need to move Van Dyke and Saulitis out to get some more bodies at training.
Surely there is a long term injury concession or something along that line.

Yeah no clue what the hell happened to vesely. She actually hit the Geelong player in the head then was stumbling around like she’d just been hit by a car
Think it was a clash of heads. But was wobbly trying to man the mark.

Vacuous Space mentioned it had something to do with impacting what they get paid if we move them to the inactive list. I cant remember the details. But we can bring in replacements if we need too.
Yeah, if Saulitis had been put on the inactive list, her pay would have been reduced to 25% of her base salary. I'm not sure whether the reasoning as to not putting her on the list was player welfare or not. There's definitely an argument that having a shorter list of healthy players actually provides more flexibility than replacing the injured player. Once there are 23 or less players available, you can activate players off the train-on list, as Carlton have done this week with Bernardi.

EDIT: Apparently the number is 24, per the article on Bernardi's elevation.

Last edited:
Yeah, if Saulitis had been put on the inactive list, her pay would have been reduced to 25% of her base salary. I'm not sure whether the reasoning as to not putting her on the list was player welfare or not. There's definitely an argument that having a shorter list of healthy players actually provides more flexibility than replacing the injured player. Once there are 23 or less players available, you can activate players off the train-on list, as Carlton have done this week with Bernardi.
Thank-you for explaining. The greater flexibly of a train on list makes a lot of sense given the length of the season. Do you know whether it is one big pool of players that every team can access or is it just players from our affiliate state team?

Cheers. So we could've done this last week as we had 23 fit players. Kelly was named as an emergency but was absolutely no chance. Not sure why we don't take these little chances, whatever we can get.

Thank-you for explaining. The greater flexibly of a train on list makes a lot of sense given the length of the season. Do you know whether it is one big pool of players that every team can access or is it just players from our affiliate state team?
I've never been able to find out 100% how the train-on stuff works, but I don't think the list is as big as the whole Southern Saints list. I'm pretty sure it's a smaller group that actually do some training with the team. I wouldn't think it's more than a handful of players. I'd bet it's mostly the better players from the Southern Saints, though. Possibly some undrafted Dragons or Stingrays.

Cheers. So we could've done this last week as we had 23 fit players. Kelly was named as an emergency but was absolutely no chance. Not sure why we don't take these little chances, whatever we can get.
I can only speculate, but I'm guessing the club wouldn't want to elevate anyone unless they were going to use them. I believe it does cost the club some money as well to elevate a player, so perhaps not worth it just to have a third healthy emergency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some positives from the match. All individual because we just didn't get it together as a team.

Exon. Might be the best match I've seen from her at St Kilda. 16 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 clearances, 1 goal, and tough.
Priest. Was under the pump all game down there. Did her bit. 14 disposals, 8 tackles.
Shierlaw. Unfortunately we have to use our leading goalkicker around the entire ground. Was everywhere, great coverage. 15 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal.
Patrikios. Slowly getting better each week. 7 clearances, 20 disposals and using it cleaner.
Burke.A. Not a stack of touches, but absolutely nothing gets past her. Some massive ar*e saving tackles.

Some positives from the match. All individual because we just didn't get it together as a team.

Exon. Might be the best match I've seen from her at St Kilda. 16 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 clearances, 1 goal, and tough.
Priest. Was under the pump all game down there. Did her bit. 14 disposals, 8 tackles.
Shierlaw. Unfortunately we have to use our leading goalkicker around the entire ground. Was everywhere, great coverage. 15 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal.
Patrikios. Slowly getting better each week. 7 clearances, 20 disposals and using it cleaner.
Burke.A. Not a stack of touches, but absolutely nothing gets past her. Some massive ar*e saving tackles.

Shierlaw is having a great season. I wish we had 2 of her.

This game sidestepped me.
Was looking to see if we were on today or tomorrow. Was not expecting a Thursday lol,
Didn’t miss much Looking at the score unfortunately.
Sad to hear about Xenos.

Have watched most of their games in their entirety and have really enjoyed it.

This one really worried me the most, our list seems so far off to Geelong's who were meant to be at a similar stage to ours.

Think the AFL may have given us another false dawn by giving us the two weakest sides in the competition to start.

We really need to get our football department right, in both men and womens.

Have watched most of their games in their entirety and have really enjoyed it.

This one really worried me the most, our list seems so far off to Geelong's who were meant to be at a similar stage to ours.

Think the AFL may have given us another false dawn by giving us the two weakest sides in the competition to start.

We really need to get our football department right, in both men and womens.
Dal's a negative coach, he coaches to save games instead of win games, our player personel is the problem the AFL didn't protect side like ours who have only been around for 2 seasons we needed to have a moritorium on player movement until our side was established instead of losing players in a side thats building it self.

Our media with the womens team is making our mens media look elite.
We hear bugger all from them. Its been a week since we played and only had Dal's presser. Thats it.
I had hoped the Saints TV aflw show would have touched on this but nothing. It’s a good listen though. We’re very lucky to get such good access through exxon

Back