Women's Footy AFLW Round 5 Fremantle versus Brisbane, Saturday at Fremantle Park.

Who were your five best players against Fremantle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Great that our two of Indigenous players, Hodder and Anderson both kicked goals. A great team win today and we led for pretty much the whole game. We should go deep into whatever is the equivalent of September. April maybe?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Great that our two of Indigenous players, Hodder and Anderson both kicked goals. A great team win today and we led for pretty much the whole game. We should go deep into whatever is the equivalent of September. April maybe?
What about the player who designed the guernsey?

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
9A031E26-1A06-4556-A204-94A5BEFDF38A.jpeg

Wonderful game by the girls. Hitting contest at speed, barely leaving any space for Fremantle to create and taking clutch marks on the wing. We were in such control throughout the game and did not give them an inch.

Bates kept waltzing away from the middle, fantastic game from her. May not get this much space going forward and likely to get tagged. Dakota is starting to impose herself on the contest, the last 2-3 plays where she kept marking on the wing was crucial. Lutkins and crew were stellar in defense - great game across the board.

The higher fitness base of players and their ability to go from contest to contest was clear to see. Fantastic work by the coaching staff.

I was worried about this game but pleasantly surprised at how well prepared we were. Ending Fremantle's streak on their home grown made it even sweeter. Bring on the next one !

Defensive pressure won that that game. Backline was great - Lutkins, Campbell and Koenen's job on Duffy shouldn't be underestimated. But I think there were some roles like Svarc and Dawes who went under the radar.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
UP THE LIONESSES! SUCK IT FREO!

Me of little faith. Here I am thinking we would get pumped by the team of the moment and yet we teach them who's boss. I'm going slap myself in the face and tell me to wake up to myself the next time I doubt our abilities. My doubt made me as bad as all the southern experts who don't rate us. I am ashamed. But uplifted too because we proved you write us off at your own risk.

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The old hands were great and bates was definitely best on field but how good is it seeing the younger girls coming through and making an impact. Greta, orla, Dakota, Sophie, Natalie and Courtney all tore it up out there. our forward line with Dakota, jessie, Courtney and the seriously unsung greta is going to be so dangerous for years to come. It was also great to see the hard work from the wings and forward and back line to provide extra grunt at contests and pressure around the field, a real whole team effort.

Possibly the biggest highlight of the game though was seeing whoosh out there and playing well. Hopefully she's on the mend and will be a regular on the side once again.

Also I just finished the game for the second time and on a bigger screen this time and I still don't think Courtney's Volley in the third was touched

The old hands were great and bates was definitely best on field but how good is it seeing the younger girls coming through and making an impact. Greta, orla, Dakota, Sophie, Natalie and Courtney all tore it up out there. our forward line with Dakota, jessie, Courtney and the seriously unsung greta is going to be so dangerous for years to come. It was also great to see the hard work from the wings and forward and back line to provide extra grunt at contests and pressure around the field, a real whole team effort.

Possibly the biggest highlight of the game though was seeing whoosh out there and playing well. Hopefully she's on the mend and will be a regular on the side once again.

Also I just finished the game for the second time and on a bigger screen this time and I still don't think Courtney's Volley in the third was touched
I thought Jess Weutchners ball use when moved down back was really good late in the game. Showed a bit of composure down there which was a great move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
Great game this one. Lions showed a lot of defensive grit.

100% agree. Do not think it was touched at all. Shame they didn't pay it. Hodder was outstanding.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
You said we had two indigenous players. My point was we have three.
Yeah, I know and did know. I meant to type two of our Indigenous players, but put “our” in the wrong place as you can do when you’re typing quickly. So I understand your response now, all good, great to have all three of them in the team.

Back