Autopsy AFLW Round 6, 2022 (S7): St.Kilda v Collingwood

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Magpies

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF ....What is it thatt the PIES are injecting their teams with ....yet another single kick victory......there is no relief....SAINTS...our destiny just doesnt change! Flippin hell!!

Does not look like Patrikios has come back the player she was previous to time off, but some we have some great players. Was good to watch and you can see what Dal is trying to create.

Not sure I’ve seen an easier or more costly miss in any game of football ever.
That was clanger of the year.

Cost us the game.

On another note the umpiring wasn't to AFL standard. It wasn't one way or another either.
Missed too many clear frees for mine

Stevens miss aside, that's the best we have played this year. Collingwood are a genuinely good side so it stick with them all game and not let them get a run on was a huge improvement.

Shierlaw is continuing her excellent season. Some of the marks she took today were excellent. Stuart BOG. McDonald showed her important and how much we missed her the past 2 games. Friend looks close to having a break-out game.

Bring on Carlton on Friday night.

Gotta say that I'm not dwelling on that miss too much, it's just one mistake. We were awesome and hard for four quarters and great to watch, I'd take that every week.

Anderson is a tough nut, good to see Dal put her on-ball in the last. So many stars today.

Gotta say that I'm not dwelling on that miss too much, it's just one mistake. We were awesome and hard for four quarters and great to watch, I'd take that every week.

Anderson is a tough nut, good to see Dal put her on-ball in the last. So many stars today.
She had a couple of moments at the start of the 4th that showed the hardness described in her draft profile. Once she builds a tank, her and Patrikios will compliment each other well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She had a couple of moments at the start of the 4th that showed the hardness described in her draft profile. Once she builds a tank, her and Patrikios will compliment each other well.
Yep, could become the beast that we need along with Vesely. Did not take a backward step

Everyone cracked in and brought controlled aggression. Would be great if they bring that every match, only four to go! We need to exit D50 better. So many balls went over heads, which is fine if our crumbers are there, but it was just a nest of Pies out the back cleaning up and entering their forward 50 again and again. Apart from that, our contesting, chase, body work, positioning was good. A couple of times we were open in the corridor and didn't use it, but we'll continue to improve.

Stuart. What a beasty nugget, and plenty of footy smarts. Managed to win contests, get first hands on the ball and clear congestion. 25 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 5 tackles, 364m gained, 2 goals, 103 DT.

Shierlaw. Clunking everything and so reliable for goal. Seemed to be cleaning up everywhere outside the forward line, then went forward and scored. Having an excellent season, AA beckoning.

Xenos. Great positioning today, seemed to be closer to the contests. 16 disposals, 9 contested possessions.

McDonald. Such a difference having her back on the wing. Covers so much ground. 14 disposals, 8 contested possessions, 303 metres gained.

Dillon. Another tough nugget. 15 touches, 9 contested possessions, 8 tackles.

Priest. Was a wall back there. Body on the line all the time.

Jolliffe. Probably went largely unnoticed, but racked up 8 tackles!

Nalder. Brought some aggression in the ruck and followed up well. 7 contested possessions, 19 hitouts, 4 tackles, and a couple of handy clunks.

I can't say a bad word about anyone, everyone played their part and had good moments. The chase and tackling pressure were immense, Anderson, Greiser, Richards, and both Burke's all chipped in here. Fitzpatrick had a funny moment leading to the Pies first goal, but she was right up on her opponent all match and I can't remember anything getting past her. Patrikios still working her way back. White used down back was a solid option.

It was a cracking game. I think we're getting the most from the girls, still a very young list. Every week we hear the Hawks players and the media tell us how young they are, ad nauseam, yet WE had the younger team when we smashed them a month ago!! They love sticking to a narrative.

Who's healthy? Kelly has had calf and achilles trouble since pre-season, going to struggle returning from here. Ott's calf a week or two away. McKinnon could return from concussion. Vesely we might have played safe about concussion after the NFL debacle yesterday. Exon's ribs might be ok. Matthews seems healthy, named emergency nearly every week.

Tyanna Smith listed as 3-4 weeks away... interestingly Kate Lutkins from the Lions makes her return this week from an ACL after just 266 days! As of our next match on Friday night, it would be about 323 days since Smith's ACL. Of course, people aren't all the same, and then there's the actual surgery date. Smith might be a cheeky chance to return in the final month... but do we bother risking it? Might be great for her morale though, tough call.

Good to have you back prophetic. Feels like you haven’t been on here in ages
Thanks EH...Yeah/Naah....i've been reading pretty regularly. Just haven't had much to say I guess. Its been that type of half year since the bye...Just watching and waiting for something to shift..........deflated as it seems are many of us.....and now we have the proverbial 'pregnant pause'

Thanks EH...Yeah/Naah....i've been reading pretty regularly. Just haven't had much to say I guess. Its been that type of half year since the bye...Just watching and waiting for something to shift..........deflated as it seems are many of us.....and now we have the proverbial 'pregnant pause'
Well hopefully the girls/trade/draft can give you and the others something to chat about happy or sad or angry

I see we are doing the meditation thing before the start of every quarter in the AFLW too.

Seriously do they think this stuff works? It's not based on any historical achievements in any league around the world.

I'm welcome to be proven wrong if any poster can provide some evidence.

Back